PG Music Home
Posted By: kristen Can I record "what I hear" in Realband 2020? - 04/02/20 10:33 PM
I have a windows 10 computer and would like to record "what I hear" through the speakers in realband 2020. I used to have a sound card a long time ago which had this option. Now I have no sound card. Everything is integrated together. Can i set up my computer to do this?

Thanks
K
Hard to say without knowing the sound card in use.
You can see if the input has a Monitor Mix for the sound card.

Why not just Render the song to a WAV file?
are you using RB to record something you are listening to like a radio program or streamed music? the old creative card drivers had an option callled 'what you hear'. you should be able to do that if you select one of the audio inputs in the RB options - just open the audio and drivers tabs.

if you are trying to record a vocal on to an existing backing rack you will need to use asio or WAS drivers and set them up accordingly - its fairly intuitive with asio as you'll see what's in and what's out

don't forget, in windows there is a sound setting for your recording and playback options
Okay, thanks .
My intent is to record only the streaming sound.
Currently I have to do two steps to get the audio. First record the video and audio and then extract only the audio from the video.

I will try the audio and drivers tab to see if I can get the audio directly from the stream.

(BTW The card I had to get the "What You Hear" option wasa few computers ago, maybe 10 years ago was a creative blaster card)

Thanks
K
so you recording audio from a streamed video? if its on youtube dvdvideosoft have a youtube to mp3 download program

https://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-YouTube-to-MP3-Converter.htm
Non Creative cards sometimes call "What-U-Hear" "Stereo Mix". Sometimes you have to unhide it in the Sound panel (right click and select show all).
© PG Music Forums