PG Music Home
Posted By: Harryspotter12 How to set up pa - 04/11/20 06:08 PM
Hi, I want to use my laptop to do the following.

1. Input a Mic, that I can then increase base or echo.

2. Play music tracks.

3. Output all to a speaker and have individual volume controls for music and Mic.

4. Use same laptop for a Facebook live.

Phew.

What is the best and lowest cost way of creating all this or is there another way that I am missing?

Thanks..

Mark
Posted By: DebMurphy Re: How to set up pa - 04/11/20 07:47 PM
Look at either Focusrite or PreSonus for their computer audio interfaces.

I have a PA system attached to my PC with the PreSonus AudioBox. Instead of using the internal sound card I am using that for the PA and my Shure and Audix microphones.

...Deb
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: How to set up pa - 04/11/20 10:41 PM
Harry,

Welcome to the forum! Because of the number of things you want to do I believe you will be best served with a mixer that has built-in effects that connect to a set of self-powered speakers.

You did not mention what will play your music tracks. If it is your laptop then the next question is do you want to play music tracks, run your microphone and broadcast to Facebook Live at the same time? If so you will want to look at a mixer that is suitable for podcasting.

A podcasting mixer receives computer audio, mixes the microphone with the computer audio and then sends the mixed signal back to the computer and to the speaker outputs. The microphone, computer, powered speakers and monitoring headphones all connect to the mixer.

Most mixers with a USB connection can also be used as an audio interface but verify the mixer can send and receive audio over the USB connection. Some mixers also have storage so you can play songs from a built-in media player.
Posted By: Harryspotter12 Re: How to set up pa - 04/13/20 02:10 PM
Hi. I am looking to perform a FB live. With music playing on my laptop. I have a jukebox with an aux in that I can use as the speaker.

My thoughts were to get a USB mic plugged into laptop and then use the headphone out to the jukebox.

I will need to add reverb onto my voice.

I don't have a mixing desk and don't particularly want to buy one so was wondering what digital software could play my track, have my singing as a line in, which I can add live reverb to and then use the headphone out to my jukebox?

Thanks

Mark
© PG Music Forums