PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Fogle - Cakewalk V20.04 Released - - 04/24/20 04:15 PM
V20.04 Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) DAW is released. Plenty of bug fixes but an Arranger Track view is now available.

+++ HERE +++ is a list of updated fixes, feature and an update download link.

If you're new to CbB, it is a full featured DAW that installs only on a 64 bit Windows computer. You must provide an email address to create a BandLab account and install the BandLab Assistant file manager. The BandLab Assistant file manager manages installation of the program and add-on components. Full details and a new install download link are available +++ HERE +++
Posted By: beatmaster Re: - Cakewalk V20.04 Released - - 04/24/20 05:16 PM
This sounds like a game changer !.

Thanks for posting off to update.
Posted By: rockstar_not Re: - Cakewalk V20.04 Released - - 04/25/20 10:28 PM
I may have to give this a try. Downloaded the last version and was immediately lost
Posted By: Pipeline Re: - Cakewalk V20.04 Released - - 04/26/20 05:18 PM
Has anyone tried the BiabVST with a midi style and see if it you can send separate channels from the BiabVST to separate instrument tracks. I see there are some new features there that may do that if not already.

Another issue is the Activation (it's suppose to be free), I ran it some time back and it would not work until I went on the internet with it.
It would be a shame if it's a parole version where you have to report in every so many days.
So if you go to record a gig with your laptop and you are locked out or in a studio where the PC is offline ???

Attached picture BandLab_Activate.png
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: - Cakewalk V20.04 Released - - 04/27/20 10:47 PM
If your interested in the program it's worth taking time to view a few video tutorials. The Cakewalk by BandLab forum has a dedicated tutorial forum section +++ HERE +++.

+++ HERE +++ is a series of short YouTube videos that are like a quickstart guide to using CbB.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: - Cakewalk V20.04 Released - - 04/27/20 10:57 PM
Pipeline,

Newer versions of the BandLab file manager application, BandLab Assistant, can be used to renew the Cakewalk by BandLab program activation without having to bring the computer online.

Description: BandLab Assistant "Refresh Activation" selection.
Attached picture Clipboard01.jpg
Posted By: Pipeline Re: - Cakewalk V20.04 Released - - 04/28/20 02:19 AM
Thanks Jim, I updated the Assistant and this is what I get offline:

Attached picture BandLab-Activate.png
Posted By: Pipeline Re: - Cakewalk V20.04 Released - - 04/28/20 02:28 AM
I went online and enter the email and password into the new Assistant, then went offline then when I started Assistant it gave me the option you showed so hopefully that will fix it once and for all.
Thanks again.

Attached picture BandLab-Activate-2.png
© PG Music Forums