PG Music Home
Posted By: Bob Calver crystal soft synth patches won't change - 04/28/20 08:39 AM
i have installed crystal and have a drop down for the built in presets and although the graphics seem to change when i select another preset the sound doesn't.

i don't think i should have to download anything else as the site says crystal comes with built in patches and samples.

can't find anything on the web - anyone here got any ideas?

and drop and drag seems a problem with other presets as the RB window fills the screen
mmmmmmmmmm seems to be a procedure error. to try different presets i used a midi track already recorded and tried to audition the presets by changing them playing the midi - play, stop, change patch, play. just as i would with a midi instrument loaded in sforzando.

it does work if i use the RB piano to trigger the synth - play a note and hear the patch, change the patch play another note and hear the new patch.

maybe that's how this synth works. tablewarp2 works differently - more like a midi instrument.

i'm looking for a synth sound for a friend's song - he wants a motif of 'a leaf on a stream' so maybe i'll be just as well to use one o the GM2 synth or pad sounds played as midi, transferred to audio and worked on with plugin fx!
© PG Music Forums