PG Music Home
Posted By: wish Importing to Reaper - 04/29/20 12:33 AM
Hi, very new at using a DAW.
I am able to import a song into Reaper with all the tracks and have set the correct time signature to match the SGU.
When I play it on Reaper it seems to ignore the bar setting I have changed on beats per bar.
eg....I have a verse finishing and as I move into the chorus I have changed the bar settings to 2 beats prior to the chorus and changed it back to 4 beats on the chorus.
Reaper seems to play the 4 beats when I have only 2.
When playing in BiaB it plays as the settings.
Does this explain the problem??
Cheers
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Importing to Reaper - 04/29/20 12:46 AM
If you drag a midi track out from one of the tracks with an underscore under the track name by dragging it to MID (Top left under the Master track) then when green drag into Reaper and import tempo and time signatures.
Now you should be able to drag the audio tracks in.
Noel here in the forum here lives down the street from you I think.
And have a look at ReaTrak for Reaper.
Posted By: wish Re: Importing to Reaper - 04/29/20 02:39 AM
Thanks Pipeline
Not quite sure what you mean but will try and follow.
Not sure where Noel lives, I wish he was just down the street.
Cheers
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Importing to Reaper - 04/29/20 05:11 AM
Hi Don,

I'm a bit further over to your right in Melbourne.

Pipeline, that's a really clever trick with the MIDI. I'll have to try that. It would sure be handy because I have tempo changes and changes in beats per bar often.

I've been setting them up manually in Reaper.

Don, Pipeline's strategy is quite a bit superior to mine. I do everything manually (well I have been until reading this thread).

To do that, in Reaper,

1. Right-click on the bar that has 2 beats on Reaper's top timeline.

2. Select "Insert Tempo/Time Signature Marker" and then set that to 2/4.

3. In the following bar, repeat the above and set it back to 4/4.

Regards,
Noel
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Importing to Reaper - 04/29/20 06:51 AM
Sorry Noel, I think it was another Noel I know from Adelaide.
This is with the Plugin:
Using Biab Tempo Change Songs in the Plugin
Posted By: funkycornwall Re: Importing to Reaper - 04/29/20 06:44 PM
If you save the BIAB song with RealTracks and save the individual wave files. Then make sure you also export a midifile of your songs from BIAB. Now first let REAPER open this midifile and make sure you say yes to including tempo changes etc. Now you should have a perfect set up for you to place your wave into REAPER. It will have the tempo set u- plus any time changes, tempos changes etc.
Posted By: wish Re: Importing to Reaper - 04/29/20 08:36 PM
Thanks to you all, not sure what you are talking about when you say MIDI FILE as I don’t have a midi track in this particular song, actually I uses real tracks for all my songs.
Give me half a day to get a get of golf in and some experimenting with this new info.
Appreciate the replies.
Nice rain in Melbourne overnight Noel.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Importing to Reaper - 04/30/20 12:38 AM
Originally Posted By: wish
Nice rain in Melbourne overnight Noel.

Yes indeed... truck loads.

I hope that things are travelling well for you and your family during these strange times, Don. I'm just keeping off the street, watching Netflix and practising piano..... oh and teaching my school classes online (that's quite interesting!)

All the best,
Noel
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Importing to Reaper - 04/30/20 02:40 AM
Originally Posted By: wish
.not sure what you are talking about when you say MIDI FILE as I don’t have a midi track in this particular song, actually I uses real tracks for all my songs....

Originally Posted By: Pipeline
..the tracks with an underscore under the track name by dragging it to MID (Top left under the Master track)...

Most RealTraks have a midi RealChart.

Attached picture RealChart-Midi.gif
Posted By: wish Re: Importing to Reaper - 04/30/20 08:36 AM
Ever thought of playing Golf........its a lot easier and less frustrating.
But..sort of getting it.
The version that I think Pipeline was suggesting was to drag each track into Reaper including a midi track when it turns green on the BiaB menu. That works but seems to be a drawn out process, but could be the easiest way.
With my limited use, I have been just opening Reaper and importing BiaB via the FX with reasonable success but I haven't had bars with differing beats per bar and that's where this issue has arisen.

Noel, I think is suggesting to alter the bars after importing (I think via the FX on Reaper). Still working on that process after adding the extra bars from the intro.
Am I on the same wave length here?
funkycornwall...I shouldn't have to import into RB and then Reaper....I hope, but thanks for your input.
Music day tomorrow so will try again.
Cheers
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Importing to Reaper - 04/30/20 10:04 AM
You drag an underscore track to MID
Drag that green MID into Reaper importing tempo map
Audio > Export Songs As Audio Files
Drag audio files from folder into Reaper
Posted By: Tobias Re: Importing to Reaper - 05/02/20 01:38 AM
First open a new project in Reaper. Press Alt/Enter to open the Project Settings. Set it to the tempo of your first bar in BIAB. Also set the time signature. 4/4, 3/4, etc,... Save and name your blank Reaper project. Now drag and drop your BIAB files to Reaper. What I do is; In BIAB I don't drag/drop my files to the little 4 square thingy. I use the .WAV box with the little microphone in it in the tool bar and choose "Save All Tracks As .WAV Files with options" and I check "Include ACID info".
Another option is to use "Select Midi Super Track for this track" on the Melody track in BIAB. Use the drop down arrow all the way to the right on the Melody Track. It doesn't matter what instrument or style. Regenerate, Save/export as midi. Drag and drop that midi file to an empty track in Reaper. That should set the bar changes, tempo changes, etc,... inside Reaper. Do not put a VSTi on that midi track. It just sort of take command of the tempo, tempo changes, bar changes, etc,... Kind of like a silent metronome for your Reaper project to follow.
Posted By: wish Re: Importing to Reaper - 05/02/20 05:25 AM
Thanks Pipeline, got that under control.
Hi Tobias..will check that out, thank you.
© PG Music Forums