PG Music Home
Posted By: Funkifized Recording into BIAB? Behringer UM2? - 06/09/20 03:20 AM
Got the new laptop. I've got the BEHRINGER U-Phoria UM2. Earphones from the UM2, guitar sounds great. Now I can't figure out how to get the guitar into BIAB. ASIO drivers? WAS drivers? I don't get it. Newbie here. Not new to BIAB, but havn't done this with it yet.
Posted By: rayc Re: Recording into BIAB? Behringer UM2? - 06/09/20 08:51 AM
You'd be far better off recording into RealBand or your favourite DAW. BIAB is amazing but the driver conflicts etc are problematic.
You're correct. You need to download and install the Behringer Windows Drivers. Once the drivers installed, in BIAB, setup the drivers from Options\MIDI/audio driver setup
Posted By: jford Re: Recording into BIAB? Behringer UM2? - 06/09/20 09:23 AM
I have the Behringer UMC 404HD, and yes, you need the Behringer ASIO drivers to use it properly. I've tried using the WAS drivers, and it seems to work occasionally, and then not at all. But the ASIO drivers work fine.

I do find sometimes that I have to disconnect, then reconnect (there is no on/off switch) the unit by pulling the USB cable after a reboot, as it is sometimes not automatically recognized.
Posted By: Funkifized Re: Recording into BIAB? Behringer UM2? - 06/09/20 09:59 AM
I need a walk through or a vid how to set this up I have the ASIO drivers, but when specifying them, there is some sort of electronic noise coming through the Behringer, but also there seems to be no guitar getting into BIAB. I may have to specify which channel from the UM2 to record from, but the electronic noise is an issue.

Back to square one.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Recording into BIAB? Behringer UM2? - 06/09/20 10:03 AM
Originally Posted By: jford

I do find sometimes that I have to disconnect, then reconnect (there is no on/off switch) the unit by pulling the USB cable after a reboot, as it is sometimes not automatically recognized.

That is not a Behringer problem. That is a Windows problem. I have the identical issue with one of my keyboards. Because my keyboard has no drivers I do not have to reboot; I guess I'm lucky there.
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Recording into BIAB? Behringer UM2? - 06/09/20 04:53 PM
this is where i got my behringer drivers
https://www.behringer.com/Categories/c/Behringer/Downloads#googtrans(en|en)

once you download and install the right driver, i agree that RealBand is much easier and simpler to record in.

work your song out in BIAB then open the file in RB, choose the behringer asio driver and you're ready to go

not quite sure of the order but once you've installed the driver, i think you have to plug in the interface and then open RB so it detects the uphoria then choose the driver under audio preferences
Posted By: Funkifized Re: Recording into BIAB? Behringer UM2? - 06/09/20 06:43 PM
I can record right into BIAB though, right?
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Recording into BIAB? Behringer UM2? - 06/10/20 06:00 AM
i've never recorded into BIAB so although i'm sure you can do it i can't talk you through the process. it must at least involve setting the audio driver to the behringer asio driver so maybe someone else can help with BIAB.
Originally Posted By: Funkifized
I can record right into BIAB though, right?

Yes.

Once you've downloaded and installed the drivers, your interface should be able to be detected and used with any digital software installed on your computer including BIAB, RealBand, Audacity, The Windows Recorder, Reaper, Sonar, Studio One, Ableton Live, and so on.

BIAB has a MIDI/Audio Setup menu the same as the RealBand process.

To record into BIAB, from the main screen, Select the Red Record Audio Button and select the options for your recording in the window that opens.
Posted By: Gary524 Re: Recording into BIAB? Behringer UM2? - 07/05/20 02:26 PM
If you also have a webcam with microphone on your laptop, you will need to open the Windows 10 "Sound" panel, click the "Recording" tab at the top, and then disable your computer's microphone and ENABLE the Behringer USB audio device.

If you're recording in Real Band, there is an Audio Settings button in the lower right corner that makes it easy to get to the recording options in Windows 10.
© PG Music Forums