PG Music Home
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Free Izotope Visual Mixer - 06/30/20 09:58 AM
I am not a big fan of newer Izotope products mainly because they are very hungry CPU eaters. The older plugins do not have that obesity issue... Having said that, the only recent product that I found to be light on CPU and very useful is Visual Mixer. And it turns out to be a free one, with download of Neutron 3 DEMO.

So if you decide to give it a try, here is the link:
https://www.izotope.com/en/products/visual-mixer.html

Download Neutron 3 demo, once you do that you will get an email from Izotope with 2 serial numbers for Mixer and Relay. You need both components to use it. After it installs, if you do not have interest in Neutron 3, just go to your VST folder and delete newly installed Izotope plugins except for iZNeutron3VisualMixer and iZRelay
Start your DAW and authorize those two items with serial numbers from email. Done.

Here is a short tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOtJuwblRos
Posted By: DrDan Re: Free Izotope Visual Mixer - 06/30/20 11:33 AM
Originally Posted By: Rustyspoon#
After it installs, if you do not have interest in Neutron 3, just go to your VST folder and delete newly installed Izotope plugins except for iZNeutron3VisualMixer and iZRelay
Start your DAW and authorize those two items with serial numbers from email. Done.

I think you need to have Neutron 3 on each track in your DAW for the Visual Mixer to do its thing. Therefore, you have to authorize Neutron demo (pay for it) to get the value of the freebee. I may be wrong on this ? crazy.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Free Izotope Visual Mixer - 06/30/20 11:51 AM
No, you do not need Neutron3.
Visual mixer and relays are separate plugins that do what they need to do by themselves, without the need of extra software.

In short. Visual Mixer is a panner, volume controller and stereo widener, that works across / on all your tracks in a "single" interface without the need of going to individual tracks. Very convenient and intuitive.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Free Izotope Visual Mixer - 06/30/20 12:28 PM
OK, thanks for the heads up. Turns out I have Neutron 3 Essentials but not this little add on. Let me see how this works for me.

Thanks again
Dan
Posted By: BlueAttitude Re: Free Izotope Visual Mixer - 06/30/20 12:29 PM
True. The relay is for tracks that do not have an instance of neutron3 on them. If the track has neutron3 on it already already, it doesn't need the relay.
Posted By: Hugh2 Re: Free Izotope Visual Mixer - 06/30/20 05:24 PM
Yeah Really like the visual mixer it gives you a great picture of where your instruments are and how wide .Super product
Posted By: Teunis Re: Free Izotope Visual Mixer - 06/30/20 06:28 PM
The real trick to the Visual Mixer is to start with all tracks about the same level. Let the Visual Mixer do the work. Be a bit careful widening the various tracks however.

I almost always have Neutron 3 on every track and things are fine. I do however get a fair bit of latency when Ozone 9 is doing its thing on the master track. Other wise things run well.

My experiences

Tony
© PG Music Forums