PG Music Home
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE - $40 - 07/05/20 10:49 PM
Finally, it is at the right price!
Sale expires in couple of days.

I do not like or use Sample Tank, but this plugin can be run as a standalone and as a separate VST (without Sampletank)

Installation process is a bit of a hustle, but once it is installed... I believe it is the best plugin of this type for the money.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/?A=miroslav-philharmonik-2-ce

If you ran into installation issues, post here I will provide the solution I found.
Posted By: EdZ314 Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE - $40 - 07/05/20 11:38 PM
@Rustyspoon#, I'm intrigued by the product, and the price definitely looks good for this type of quality and content. I listened to the demo songs and I have to say, they are very impressive, but they are all pretty bombastic, which makes me wonder if the instruments lack subtlety or nuance that would be masked by that. The idea of some really good sounding brass and strings is very appealing to me, but on the other hand, I'm not going to be composing for orchestras, and I might just incorporate some of the instruments to add richness to a folk/pop/jazz type track. I was wondering if you (or someone else who has the pacakge) could shed some light on how you would use it, or have used it. I don't want to sound overly skeptical, but it's very easy to get caught up in the thrill of chasing these VST's, and then ending up with a hard drive full of stuff that you never use.

Thanks!
Posted By: Bofga Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE - $40 - 07/06/20 03:34 AM
I saw this on special too and am tempted to get it and SampleTank 4 (they are both pared down versions in terms of the number of instrument samples included). Miroslav has been around for quite a while now but if you just want to use it to add some orchestral elements to your tracks rather than compose a complete orchestral piece then at this price you probably can't go wrong. I was also looking into Layers by Orchestral Tools. It is a free program that looks pretty impressive and very user friendly for beginners.
Posted By: Rustyspoon# Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE - $40 - 07/06/20 11:49 AM
Ed,
I do not feel sounds are "bombastic". You can adjust it to be as simple and dry as you want it and it will still sound good. There are tons of adjustments and FX.

I wanted a complete "all in one" package that has a good variety of orchestral instruments at the right price, and Miroslav plugin suffice for my usage-> some elements, filaments, simple melodies etc.

In any case, I believe for the price of $40 it is great!
Posted By: EdZ314 Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE - $40 - 07/06/20 02:02 PM
Thanks @Rustyspoon# for the additional info. I have no doubt that you've had some good experiences with it, or else you would not recommend it. What I meant about "bombastic" is that the choice of music in the demos was inclined to be loud and big, and didn't showcase the nuances of the instruments.
Posted By: Teunis Re: Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE - $40 - 07/06/20 10:01 PM
At the price I thought why not try it. I must say straight up I was quite impressed with the results. I was quickly able to put it into a little piece (A simple version of Swan Lake I did years ago) and it worked out ok. It was a little on the quiet side (low in volume) but that is easy fixed. I’m still to learn the various articulations but that is all a part of the learning exercise.

I had no issues installing it. I put the sound files on a different drive where I keep a number of other samples so as not to clog up my C Drive. All went in as expected. Basically extract the files, click on the install and follow the instructions.

Seem ok. Got it even cheaper than the US$40 with some points I got from somewhere.

Tony
© PG Music Forums