PG Music Home
Posted By: Fivehands Bass guitar audio to MIDI - 07/09/20 06:28 AM
Haven't used BIAB much in the last couple of years. I'm way back on version 2014. Been discovering some new generative tools in the meantime. I like the Audiofier Riffendium series, I bought the first Riffendium when it came out and also got the 2nd heavy guitar offering. I skipped versions 3, 4 and 5, the styles just weren't for me. Their most recent offering is 6 which is funky guitars, which is quite good. At the same time they came out with Riffendium Bass, and it's mostly funky bass, quite good how you can piece together 16 notes in a loop to come out with a bass line of your liking. But it's not midi, it's an audio loop. So I had gotten Toontrack EZ Bass a month or so ago and I really like it. So I put together this line in Riffendium Bass and I wanted to see if the audio tracker in EZ Bass would convert it to MIDI. To my amazement it not only tracked and reproduced all the notes as MIDI but also all the nuances of the track, the slides and pops and pretty well everything else. What I've always liked about BIAB is the bass audio real tracks. They are very tasty and well played, and that has given me a renewed interest in BIAB, knowing I can take these bass tracks as audio and effortlessly convert them to MIDI using the tracker in EZ Bass. And you can also take a guitar line and put it in the EZ Bass tracker and it will reproduce the line as a bass track for you to edit. Great stuff.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Bass guitar audio to MIDI - 07/10/20 10:41 PM
Most of the Bass RealTracks have been transcribed for notation purposes. The good news is it's pretty easy to drag and drop the bass tracks to obtain a midi file of the transcription. The bad news is sometimes the transcription file doesn't have velocity data.
© PG Music Forums