PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Fogle Instrument Frequency Spectrum Chart (Link) - 08/28/20 12:32 PM
Download a pdf file that has a full color, one page frequency chart displaying the frequencies some popular instruments occupy in the frequency spectrum +++ HERE +++
Nice find! I love the way they describe the different ranges on each instrument.
Could be useful, thanks. This isn’t telling you where the bulk of the instrument may be. For example, the tenor sax energy is primarily in the totally unmarked grey mid-range area. So I take this chart to mean the frequencies that they feature can do ‘special’ changes to an instrument’s sound.
That's an interesting chart but I find some of the descriptions a bit odd..."Meat", "Bloom" and "Air". Maybe those are some technical audio terms I don't understand.

Jeff
Originally Posted By: MountainSide
That's an interesting chart but I find some of the descriptions a bit odd..."Meat", "Bloom" and "Air". Maybe those are some technical audio terms I don't understand.

Jeff

For years I've been wondering how to get more "Sheen" in my mix. I did not know that only the bass can provide this elusive but completely undefined component to ones sound.
I wonder if there's any sheen to be found on the foot pedals of a B-3.

More cowbell!
© PG Music Forums