PG Music Home
Hello dear users !!!
As a melody instrument I connected an external sound module (Korg Kronos) via USB (as a MIDI connection). The audio out of the Kronos runs via a jack cable into the input of the PC's sound card.
The real tracks from Band in a Box serve as accompaniment.
The song is finished, you can hear all the instruments when you play it.

I now want to export the song to an audio file.
Unfortunately, Band in a Box writes to me when generating an MP3 file
an error message (Rendering Failed).

What do I have to do that you get from 2 different sources
can generate an audio file.
Or do you have to use the RealBand program for help?

Thanks for the information!
'Rendering' MIDI means using a software synth.
Since you are using a Hardware synth, you would need to record your external hardware synth to additional tracks as Audio so they can be Rendered that way.
So yes, Realband would be your better option.

In BiaB use Save As to give the file a new name (and thus protect the original).
Freeze all the tracks and Save again.
Open the resulting BiaB file in Realband, let it go through it's generating process for a minute.
Play it, and if acceptable, Save As a SEQ file in Realband.

Then Record your hardware synth to new Audio Tracks in RB.
Save again.
Once this is done, you can then Render the song to a stereo wave file ..

The other option is to record the BiaB song in realtime to a different Software, but this can get complicated, depending on the system configuration and available options.

Maybe others have better ideas, but that's how I would proceed.
thanks for your info, I'll try it now, if there is still a problem, I'll write again, thank you again!
So I've already tried to record with a screen capture program that also records the sound. The realtracks from Biab was included in the capture prg, not the hardware synthesizer, although all the instruments were heard. I was only able to record the hardware synthsiser in realband, not the backing band from biab. In addition, it was not possible for me, to convert the two audio files into an mp3 audio file after cutting the two audio files, because it also told me there was a mistake. I then had to do that in cubase. so everything is very cumbersome. therefore i am very interested in a simple solution.
I transfer all BiaB MIDI and RT tracks to my DAW, Studio One Pro 5. From my DAW I use external synths, that way I can covert them to audio in the DAW, convert all MIDI track to audio, then mixdown all audio tracks to one, either a WAVE, MP3, or any other audio format. Doing things like this is much easier in a DAW then trying to use BiaB. YMMV

Note that in my DAW I do not have to convert MIDI tracks to audio tracks but I do it out of old habits.
thanks for your information!!
© PG Music Forums