PG Music Home
Hello there,
I am fairly new to BIAB but am really loving the journey.

I have heard someone say that there is a vast amount of BIAB songs/charts online of Jazz standards and popular music.

Can someone point me in the direction of some good sources. I would like to practice along with them and if I can save some time in entering the chords that would be great!

I am also interested in learning how the songs and charts are constructed (including the styles) for when I start entering my own songs.

Thank you in advance.

I've purchased some BIAB song files from the site below, if these would satisfy your needs. The package is pretty reasonably priced. I can't vouch for the accuracy of the chords and other details in the songs, but some of them worked pretty well for me when I wanted to experiment with a particular song or review some of the chord progressions in it within BIAB.

The Guitar Band - BIAB Backing Tracks
If you search you can find the real book BIAB files in SGU format, i.e. no melodies, so no copyright issues. Alternatively Norton Music has a variety of fakebooks available for all styles of music also in SGU format and reasonably priced and of great quality. The Groups IO BIAB user group has a file section with many standards as well as other files good for practicing etc.
Thank you very much for the tips. I will check out those leads.
There should be links through the forum,
here's one https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=404279#Post404279
more..
http://bob.bmcadvies.com/biab/
https://www.bensax.nl/biab/index.html
http://bhs.minor9.com/biab/jazz/S/
http://www.djangoinabox.com/free.aspx
I was deeply disappointed in these 600 odd files, many of which are 4 copies of the same song. They are very amateurish to say the least and a poor way to earn undeserved cash. Most of them are not even finished. I most definitely would not recommend these BIAB song files to anybody. Go to Norton Music and buy professionally done files.
Originally Posted By: Stingray3cYMHd
Go to Norton Music and buy professionally done files.

http://www.nortonmusic.com/style28.html

Maybe the material is fine, but I can't spend too much time on that website, which looks like an archive from 1993. Pages full of animated GIFs give me a headache!
Clear out you PMs so I can send you one. When I try it says that you are over the PM limit. Let me know when it is cleared.
I would love to know of anyone out there using Real Tracks, or BIAB styles (recent ones) to create the style and vibe of radio hits from recent years, in any genre. (In other words, not Alabama or Molly Hatchet, we have plenty of those.)

This month, I am most interested in hit country radio, so if anyone knows of anything out there let me know!

The "radio sound" in many genres is tricky. Very tricky. But ya'll know that.

Something like Notes Norton, but using 2021 styles, let's say, on very recent era material (or styles.)

Does that place exist?

smile
Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
Originally Posted By: Stingray3cYMHd
Go to Norton Music and buy professionally done files.

http://www.nortonmusic.com/style28.html

Maybe the material is fine, but I can't spend too much time on that website, which looks like an archive from 1993. Pages full of animated GIFs give me a headache!

While the site looks old, it is very much up to date and Bob Norton is very responsive. The files are all top quality as are the styles.
Originally Posted By: etcjoe

While the site looks old, it is very much up to date and Bob Norton is very responsive. The files are all top quality as are the styles.

I agree. His styles are fantastic and his fake disks are a time saver.

Has anyone found a site with anyone doing songs from say the last 5 to 10 years with the more modern BIAB real styles, say 2019 to 2021??

In any genre??

Thanks if you have!

smile
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Sorry, I didn't mean to be flip, especially about someone who (as it turns out) is present in these forums. I really do have a problem with that much animation in a file listing, though, but again, sorry.
Hi guys. If anybody is interested in my personal SGU files, I have started making them available for download from my membership site Playiit. You can try it out for free Free trial

The files have chords and lyrics and also a play along version using the audio chord wizard and the original song.
+++ The Guitar Band Dot Com +++ has more than 650 Band-in-a-Box song files available for download. The files are available singularly for free or you can purchase a bundle of all the files. The site also has audio files and tutorial videos about Band-in-a-Box.

I highly recommend this site to anyone looking for Band-in-a-Box song files or wanting to learn more about building a song in Band-in-a-Box.
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Has anyone found a site with anyone doing songs from say the last 5 to 10 years with the more modern BIAB real styles, say 2019 to 2021??

In any genre??

Thanks if you have!

smile

Here is one I did recently for a Miley Cyrus song Miley Cyrus Nothing Breaks like a heart
If anybody is interested in trying out Playiit here is a list of Band-in-a-Box songs added so far. New songs are added (almost) everyday.

https://www.playiit.com/free-trial/

Harvest Band-in-a-Box play along
How Deep is Your Love Band-in-a-Box play along
Un-Break my Heart Band-in-a-Box Backing Track
Hey Julie Band-in-a-Box play along
Nothing Breaks Like a Heart Band-in-a-Box Play Along
Call me The Breeze Band-in-a-Box play along
Werewolves of London Band-in-a-Box play along
All Summer Long Band-in-a-Box play along
Memories of Us Band-in-a-Box play along
Cant Help but Wonder Where Im Bound Band-in-a-Box Backing Track
Amazing Grace Band-in-a-Box backing track
Take it Easy Band-in-a-Box Backing Track
Big River Band-in-a-Box Backing Track
Folsom Prison Blues Band-in-a-Box Backing Track
Blowin in the Wind Band-in-a-Box Backing Track
Hey Joe Band-in-a-Box Backing Track
Lookin out my Back Door Band-in-a-Box Backing Track
Lay Down Sally Band-in-a-Box Backing Track
Amarillo by Morning Band-in-a-Box Backing track
Joanne.
i notice you have werewolves of london.
love that song.
imho a great example/reminder for any songwriter that indeed one can get a big success useing just a few chords.
whenever i start screwing up on a song i kick myself with the kiss concept.
keep it simple. often works best.

i'm surprised noone ever did an alternate weird Al kind of version of it.
fyi, i was tempted once for giggles. (as i'm a big siamese and burmese cat lover, as is my wife...)
doing a version where siamese cats took over the world lmao.
we had a siamese we lost due to old age sadly we called the "empress". obviously we were bossed around..lol.
we miss her terribly.
best
om

Originally Posted By: justanoldmuso
Joanne.
i notice you have werewolves of london.
love that song.
imho a great example/reminder for any songwriter that indeed one can get a big success useing just a few chords.
whenever i start screwing up on a song i kick myself with the kiss concept.
keep it simple. often works best.

i'm surprised noone ever did an alternate weird Al kind of version of it.
fyi, i was tempted once for giggles. (as i'm a big siamese and burmese cat lover, as is my wife...)
doing a version where siamese cats took over the world lmao.
we had a siamese we lost due to old age sadly we called the "empress". obviously we were bossed around..lol.
we miss her terribly.
best
om

Yes that is a great song! All Summer long, Sweet Home Alabama and Werewolves of London....same same
I agree that Norton styles and fake books are excellent; I think I have all the pop/rock ones
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
+++ The Guitar Band Dot Com +++ has more than 650 Band-in-a-Box song files available for download. The files are available singularly for free or you can purchase a bundle of all the files. The site also has audio files and tutorial videos about Band-in-a-Box.

I highly recommend this site to anyone looking for Band-in-a-Box song files or wanting to learn more about building a song in Band-in-a-Box.

Thanks Jim for reminding me about Giancarlo's site. I have used a few of them previously, now I just got the full package. Really excellent work, highly recommended.

/Björn
Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
Originally Posted By: MarioD

Sorry, I didn't mean to be flip, especially about someone who (as it turns out) is present in these forums. I really do have a problem with that much animation in a file listing, though, but again, sorry.

No problems. I didn't think you were. It is old an fashioned web site for sure. I imagine Mr. Norton is busy making music and not spending a lot of time creating a new website!
© PG Music Forums