PG Music Home
Posted By: Hogman Vocal Analyzer Where Can I Find It? - 10/16/20 03:41 PM
I'm running Band in a Box 202 for Mac. As I'm not a vocalist, I ran across a You Tube Tutorial for analyzing what key you should be singing in in addition the preamble indicated also used as a guitar tuner.

Problem, I can't find it per the video and my manuals don't tell me anything either. I've recorded and Audio track in the event that it would make it appear, but no luck. So

Is this for Windows only or has PG discontinued the feature?

Not a deal breaker for sure but it woud be nice.

Again thanks for all your help.
Posted By: Hogman Re: Vocal Analyzer Where Can I Find It? - 10/19/20 05:35 PM
Well, I guest I don't have it.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Vocal Analyzer Where Can I Find It? - 10/19/20 08:35 PM
Sorry, I have a vague memory of this idea but I don’t know if the conversation was about a BIAB feature. Keep watching the thread. Someone here will know.
Posted By: rharv Re: Vocal Analyzer Where Can I Find It? - 10/19/20 08:39 PM
There is a feature in Windows - Lyrics - Vocal Wizard that resembles what you are asking about
Otherwise, post a link to the video .. I don't recall this feature

The above is available in Windows; not sure about MAC
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Vocal Analyzer Where Can I Find It? - 10/25/20 02:05 PM
Hogman,

Welcome to the forum and to Band-in-a-Box (BiaB). As you suspected. the Vocal Wizard is an exclusive feature to BiaB for Windows. BiaB for Mac does not have a comparable wizard.

The BiaB for Windows Vocal Wizard analyzes the midi notes of all or part of a song file and uses that information to determine what song key is best for male or female bass, baritone, tenor or soprano voice.

The feature is accessed in BiaB for Windows by selecting: Window > Lyrics > Vocal Wizard. A full description is available in the BiaB for Windows online manual +++ HERE +++
© PG Music Forums