PG Music Home
Hi All - First post from Northern Ireland!

I have ordered BIAB 2020 from Thomann and I'm doing a little bit of prep. I have had a Helicon 'Play Acoustic' for a few years I want to use the pedal with BIAB but have never managed to get it to work with my previous recordings except live with my guitar as the reference. The unit never seems to pick up the trigger signal cross-reference with the vocal and therefore produce a proper harmony.

Has anyone successfully managed to use a feed from their BIAB into the Play Acoustic to produce an acceptable harmony?

If so, can anyone share?

Thanks
Welcome aboard, I'm from Stroke City on the North West Frontier.

I've been using BIAB since the previous millennium, but no nothing of TCHelicon 'Play Acoustic' sorry can't help, but I'm sure some of the resident "Gurus" will be able to.

Good luck,

Vintage
Cheers mate stay away from the Covid going around up there!
Hi Howard, how do you have your pedal connected into your computer? Using an audio interface, or USB, or something else? Is the pedal able to provide clean vocals to the computer without effects, and without mixing it with the guitar sound?
why use the pedal? if you record a vocal track you can use the PG Music supplied Helicon software to harmonize.

and whereas the pedal output will be fixed - recorded as the pedal outputs - with the software you can experiment, go back and change and even apply separate fx to each harmony
Hello Howard B, Welcome to the forum and (soon) to Band-in-a-Box or BiaB for short.

Did you order the Mac or Windows version of Band-in-a-Box? There are differences between the two programs so the information is useful when we are answering questions.

Also, make sure to create an account with PG Music and register your product. Registration provides you with the security of online access to installation files and makes you eligible for reduced pricing during PG Music sale events.

Both versions of BiaB offer an Output Chords to External Device setting that enables BiaB to reserve a midi channel that will output root chords to an external device however the steps to access the setting differs between the two programs.
© PG Music Forums