PG Music Home
quikie custom click trak generator.

i notice various people asking bout different intro clik traks etc etc.
easily done by going into the wma's in the bb directory.
copying/new name doing a bit of editing trickery to isolate samples you like.(DONT CHANGE THE BIAB SAMPLES. COPY THEM to another folder named say yournamesamplelib.
then use a bit of software that lets you trigger a sample repeatedly.
(you could then load into biab audio trak or any daw.)
over the years ive built isolated samples/libs. all sorts , not just drums for cliks etc.
also lots of samples royalty free on the net.

then remember in realband or powertraks you can easily generate midi drum traks from a pattern generator. from which build your clik trak with samples useing the trak template as a guide.

or. what i did recently, i wanted quikly a clik trak like a guy hitting an anvil for a song outtro.
thus custom sample made fast.
then what i did i went into reaper inserted clik trak , and this feature lets one insert samples. job done in five minutes. right clik over clik trak once sample loaded.
apply fx mono to create audio trak.
hover mouse over end of audio trak till cursor changes. drag mouse for as long as you want the clik trak. voila !

i'm not gonna push reaper on anyone, but if your software dont do this easily, just go to reaper.fm , and heres a trick you dont need the latest version 6.
go to earlier releases , which are smaller down loads, even back before version 2.
these will all let you build sample clik traks.
if you want a very simple daw without the bells and whistles,
dont ovedrlook these early releases. they are very lean and you can do lots with them.
everybody auto goes to the latest releases, but the early ones i started off on reminded me off the old linear hardware
multitrak 2 inch recorders. and they do vst's and dx plug ins
and are very lean exe's.
(and plz be fair if you intend to keep using , and pay the 60 buks like i did years ago.)

could even do a strum generator this way probably by isolating rhythm guitar one strum samples. bit of work maybe. you know like some guitarists do a scratch lead off
muting deal before the full band comes in.

also another way is to simply in the chord sheet of biab create dummy no music chords.
eg say 4 bars of clik intro drums. song in key of D.
D.d ; D.d ; D.d ; D.d ; use part markers for variations.
you could have drum solos as intros also. just solo drum trak and use part markers every bar if you wish or mix it up with every other bar. then simply export the drum wav, to your daw.
you can use same idea in biab for generating drum fills
to export to your daw. also remember you can use loops in biab etc etc.

hope this helps someone.

oldmuso.
Interesting.
© PG Music Forums