PG Music Home
Hi, for those that use Cakewalk and do MIDI stuff. The latest update has articulation mapping. I think this is a game changer. It allows you to create articulation maps for instrument plugins making applying articulation far easier than adding notes in the piano roll.

Plugins such as AmpleSound guitars, Kontakt instruments and various other VST instruments that have complex articulations can be easily mapped and controlled. The articulations are mapped and the piano roll or notation is not negatively impacted. Mike Enjo explains it easier and better than I can.

The articulation mapping also allows one to add chords albeit the default has triads. It is very simple to make changes to the maps.

See Mike Enjo’s video https://youtu.be/owkYPMuhcQo

This is a really nice feature.

Keep well and have fun

Tony
To set up the Articulation Map for an AmpleSound Guitar was very easy and makes setting a MIDI file for the guitar far easier and intuitive.

I also set up a Kontakt Fiddle which was even easier. Once again making the Fiddler far easier to use.

However, trying to set up articulations for the VSL Big Bang orchestra worked out way more complex. I think I just need to sit and work out what I want. In the Big Bang Orchestra there could be up to 5 simultaneous key strokes to get to the end articulation. Really I think I just need a way to structure and a naming convention for the end articulation.

Overall using the Articulation Maps makes things much easier and more understandable.

My thoughts

Tony
Here is a different video that expands with some additional details concerning how the Cakewalk by Bandlab articulation map feature can be used to create midi.
© PG Music Forums