PG Music Home
Posted By: John F Synths in Reaper - 01/22/21 06:05 PM
I am using Reaper with the BIAB DAW plugin. I have Coyote WT and TTS1 available as my synths in BIAB, but they have not transferred to be available in Reaper. No matter what I try, I can't get them to load. Does anyone know why? Can't be a 32/64 issue because they work well in BIAB. Does anyone know a free synth I can load that will work with Reaper that works as well as these two?
Posted By: DrDan Re: Synths in Reaper - 01/22/21 06:26 PM
Originally Posted By: John F
Does anyone know a free synth I can load that will work with Reaper that works as well as these two?

Those are both GM only I assume. So I don't think they will work in Reaper as you have found. But I use VSTSynthfont64 in both Reaper and BIAB to play the exact same sounds. It is a little tricky to do that, but can be done with a little knowledge of exactly what is going on.

Attached picture Capture.JPG
Posted By: justanoldmuso Re: Synths in Reaper - 01/22/21 07:27 PM
john.
coyote works here in reaps.
i just loaded a midi file into a reaps trak and tested it.
midi to audio worked great useing coyote.
i dont have tts to test.
ps sometime check out on you tube the slew of synth plug ins like dune that come with computer music mag.co.uk.
only need to buy once a year for loads of freebies from their vault.
(see you tube computer music mag plug ins vault !!)
there are loads of midi vids at reaper.fm
i suspect your settings in reaps are an issue.
best
daftmidimuso.
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: Synths in Reaper - 01/26/21 05:42 PM
I have both CoyoteWT and TTS-1 in Reaper, both work fine. They're DXi plugins rather than VST, so be sure you're looking under DXi.
Posted By: Teunis Re: Synths in Reaper - 01/26/21 06:03 PM
Make sure you have the Cakewalk DXI locations in your VST search paths. Even the plugins you can’t use in Reaper can still be found if the correct paths are listed under your VST preferences.

Tony
© PG Music Forums