PG Music Home
does anyone use this? it came highly recommended but when i install it i get one preset - default and can't change it. should i get presets or do i have to change the default sound with the many controls. if i should get presets why can't the program find them?
From their website it is a very impressive product. The lite version may be a teaser to get you to purchase the full version.

...Deb
Posted By: MarioD Re: Ample Bass P lite - should i get presets? - 03/05/21 11:15 AM
Hi Bob,

As you know I won all of the Ample Basses a few years ago. When it comes to the P-Bass I rarely use the presets. YMMV

AFAIK I don't believe you can purchase the presets for the lite version. You will get all of the presets when purchasing the full version.
thanks Mario - i rather assumed that. as it is it's a reasonable sound but not as exciting as say the difference between a GM piano and the Estate Grand LE which is virtually free here

https://www.productionvoices.com/product/estate-grand-le-sforzando/
Posted By: DrDan Re: Ample Bass P lite - should i get presets? - 03/06/21 12:52 PM
Something you may want to concider....

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=ModoSEKrazyDeal2021
Bob,

According to the Amplesound user manual there are no presets in the free or full versions. The preset load and save buttons are there so you can save your user presets.

The Amplesound manuals are included in the Amplesound download and located at \Program Files\Amplesound folder.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Ample Bass P lite - should i get presets? - 03/07/21 11:43 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Bob,

According to the Amplesound user manual there are no presets in the free or full versions. The preset load and save buttons are there so you can save your user presets.

The Amplesound manuals are included in the Amplesound download and located at \Program Files\Amplesound folder.

Jim, if you click on settings/load a number of presets are available, note that I am using the latest version of the P-Bass:

Attached picture Pbass presets.jpg
Mario,

I gladly stand corrected. I'm have the free (Lite) version of the electric bass and guitar. Both have presets in the file explorer window when you press the Load button.

I did not understand those files are instrument presets. I thought they changed settings for specific uses applications like passing MIDI from the plug-in to the DAW.

The user manual is comprehensive but difficult to understand.
Posted By: Teunis Re: Ample Bass P lite - should i get presets? - 03/08/21 04:59 AM
There is a huge difference between the AmpleSound Lite versions compared to the full.

The lite versions have limited notes (only up to the 5th fret unless on the highest string) where the full versions allow one to play all over the neck. Having the ability to play over the complete neck gives the instrument far better tonal qualities and way more realism. An “A” played on the 5th fret of an E string sounds very different to an open A. As does a “C” on the E string sound different to a “C” on the A string.

Having the limited fret positions also greatly limits the chords on the AGML. The full version allows you to play all guitar chords in all positions.

Also the Riffer in the full versions is a really great way to write the lines complete with articulations. Much easier than other methods.

Having said that the Lite versions are brilliant for the price and I would recommend them. Use the “presets” to get a rough tone then go into the FX setup area to refine them. Once you have what you want “Save” the preset. (Name it so you understand what it is).

Just a few thoughts

Tony

Edit: It would seem the ABPL (Lite Bass) does not actually have an FX area. The AGML (Lite Martin Acoustic Guitar) does have FX area.
thanks Mario but still having trouble. looking at your screen shot the path in the settings is the same as i have but your presets are in the documents folder. i have the same folder with the presets but when i switch the settings path to where the presets are in your screenshot i get errors 7 and 14 saying the plugin will be silent

screenshot attached.

before i do anything drastic should i move the presets to the file path shown in your settings?

Attached File
bass error.png  (2 downloads)
found a path that works - i reset to the one shown in Mario's screenshot in settings but i only get a limited number of presets

see screenshot

can i cut and paste from the folder in documents and add to the library folder?

update - my presets in the documents folder are the same as in the library folder - i presume Mario's longer list comes with the paid for version

Attached File
presets available.png  (3 downloads)
'now i understand, what you tried to say to me................'

to get the instrument to play i need to leave the instrument path where it is so the samples load but the presets are actually in the documents folder.......

i got confused because once i had tried to load the document folder presets in the instrument path, reverting to the proper instrument path meant the load command defaulted to the documents folder..........so i thought i was opening the library folder
...............duh...........
Posted By: MarioD Re: Ample Bass P lite - should i get presets? - 03/08/21 11:33 AM
I'm glad everyone got it working.
Originally Posted By: Bob Calver
'now i understand, what you tried to say to me................'

to get the instrument to play i need to leave the instrument path where it is so the samples load but the presets are actually in the documents folder.......

i got confused because once i had tried to load the document folder presets in the instrument path, reverting to the proper instrument path meant the load command defaulted to the documents folder..........so i thought i was opening the library folder
...............duh...........

Like I said, the manual is comprehensive but confusing. Mario's screen shot is much more intuitive. smile

Tony, for the price differential, the free acoustic and P bass versions are perfect. I've been looking to learn how to use articulation maps with virtual instruments. Both of these have good enough sound quality that I actually want and like to use them.

Obviously, the difference in the number of samples (866 vs 4062) and storage size (848 MB vs 5.83 GB) vividly illustrates how much more you get with the full version of the acoustic guitar and I'm sure the same can be said for the bass instrument. But surprisingly enough, I haven't felt that limited so far.

Description: Amplesound Acoustic Martin Free vs Full Comparison
Attached File
Comparison_AGM_vs_AGML.pdf  (2 downloads)
another thing that fooled me is the demo on the amplesound site of the lite bass is a slap bass track - and there is no slap bass preset with ht lite version although it looks like Mario's paid for version has one
Posted By: Teunis Re: Ample Bass P lite - should i get presets? - 03/08/21 07:56 PM
To get the slap sound is not a preset so much as an articulation or an FX. It is after all a mock up of a Fender Precision Bass (recorded better than I could do with the real thing).

The Articulations are from C0 through A0 (on a keyboard or piano roll). With G0 being the Slap and A0 a Pop.

From the FX side they are at. G#4 to C#6 with G#5 and or A5 being a slap type sound. See the manual

http://amplesound.net/en/ample_bass_manual.pdf

Page 26 for the Articulations and page 40 for the FX. The manual is on the full version but I think most should still work on the light version. I’ll have a look after breakfast.

Tony

Edit: it would seem the lite version does not have the articulations. Only Sustain and Hammer On/Pull Off seem to be available on the Lite Version.

You could however simulate a slap by using the FX slap (A5) and the note at the same time eg C2 & A5 (probably G#5 would sound better). Then adjust the volume of the slap using top right hand volume knob. You could get a close approximation.

Just a thought

Tony
© PG Music Forums