PG Music Home
Posted By: ecdoe Recording Guitar Input Volume [Resolved] - 04/02/21 03:16 PM
I am using a Yamaha THR5A acoustic guitar amplifier which also serves as my audio interface input to my Windows 10 PC. Although I have all of my volumes maxed out in Real Band as well as the Yamaha amplifier/interface, the volume of my recorded guitar track is so low that I can hardly hear it in the mix playback.

There's probably a simple solution to this issue but what is it.

Thanks, ecdoe
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Recording Guitar Input Volume - 04/02/21 05:58 PM
how does the yamaha connect to the pc? if you are using a usb lead have you installed the yamaha driver? does the driver show as the audio input driver in the RB audio preferences?
Posted By: ecdoe Re: Recording Guitar Input Volume - 04/02/21 06:48 PM
Thanks,
The Yamaha connects via usb. I have the proper driver installed. the driver shows as the audio input driver in the RB audio preferences. Real Band meters register the signal from my guitar. When I turn down or mute the Band in a Box backing track I can hear the recorded guitar at a very low volume.
Posted By: DebMurphy Re: Recording Guitar Input Volume - 04/02/21 08:11 PM
Are you running your amp via battery or plugged into the wall? Your laptop - if you are using a laptop?

...Deb
Posted By: ecdoe Re: Recording Guitar Input Volume - 04/02/21 08:31 PM
I'm running everything into and on my desktop which is plugged into the wall socket.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Recording Guitar Input Volume - 04/02/21 09:04 PM
Have you tried recording with other software like the free Audacity? That may tell you if the problem lies with Realband or your Yamaha THR5A acoustic guitar amp.

An after thought, what are your Win 10 volume settings? I say that as I am not sure that your amp is an audio interface. I may be wrong but it looks like a guitar amp to me and if so you are hearing everything through your computer audio interface, probably a RealTek card build into the mother board. Thus your Win 10 volume settings would come into play. Like I said I may be totally wrong about this but it is something that you may want to look into.
Posted By: rharv Re: Recording Guitar Input Volume - 04/02/21 09:17 PM
If you right-click the Track & view the 'Port' (near the top), does the RB output port match what is expected?

FWIW, the RB Input meters only display the main system Inputs 1/2 for whatever the default device is during recording. That bit me a couple times.
Posted By: ecdoe Re: Recording Guitar Input Volume - 04/02/21 09:29 PM
Thanks RHARV,
I'll definitely try your advice and see what happens.

Eli Culbertson
I looked up the manual for your amp and it mentions Cubase. A free version may have came with your unit. Does it work with that or Audacity as mentioned by MarioD?

Manual

...Deb
Posted By: rharv Re: Recording Guitar Input Volume [Resolved] - 04/03/21 09:16 AM
Somehow it got marked resolved, wish we knew what fixed it ..
Agreed, that sure would have been helpful to others.

Jeff
I was curious about what wasn't happening.

...Deb
© PG Music Forums