PG Music Home
Posted By: Teunis A nice sounding “steel” - 05/06/21 04:48 AM
For a while I’ve been trying to find a good steel guitar sim. Most pedal steel sims I have or have looked at are really quite hard to learn and drive in my opinion. Today I came across the Steel - electric lap steel

See https://www.indiginus.com/the-steel-electric-lap-steel-guitar

https://youtu.be/_ZSNEtErXqw

This sounds pretty good and is really very easy to drive and only $59 USD. After taking a few days to come up with stuff in other sims it only took half an hour or so to get reasonably close to what I wanted.

Just a thought

Tony

Edit: Added the YouTube link
Posted By: MarioD Re: A nice sounding “steel” - 05/06/21 10:42 AM
Yes, that is the most realistic sounding lap steel that I have ever heard. Plus it is very simple to use. This is the lap steel that I use in my songs.
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: A nice sounding “steel” - 05/06/21 11:22 AM
Hmmm… I’ll have to check that out.
Posted By: Cathie Re: A nice sounding “steel” - 05/07/21 01:29 AM
That's pretty impressive!
Posted By: dcuny Re: A nice sounding “steel” - 05/07/21 03:11 AM
I've got a lot of Indiginus instruments, and love them all. They're fun to play, and sound great.

Unlike some VSTis I've bought, they really do sound exactly as they do in the demos.

The only reason I don't have The Steel is because I don't have a much call for it the music I make, and BiaB has some really excellent steel guitars. But it's up there on my "To Get" list.

Keep in mind that you'll need the full version of Kontakt to play this, or you'll be limited to 15 minute intervals because it only runs in Demo Mode in the Kontakt Player. If you go past the time period, you don't have to restart your DAW, but you'll need to close Kontakt and re-open it again.

That's how I limped by for a while until I got Kontakt for (relatively) cheap during their yearly upgrade sale.

Funny how much you can get done in 15 minutes when the clock is ticking! wink
Posted By: Teunis Re: A nice sounding “steel” - 05/07/21 08:19 AM
Originally Posted By: dcuny

Keep in mind that you'll need the full version of Kontakt to play this, or you'll be limited to 15 minute intervals because it only runs in Demo Mode in the Kontakt Player. If you go past the time period, you don't have to restart your DAW, but you'll need to close Kontakt and re-open it again.

That's how I limped by for a while until I got Kontakt for (relatively) cheap during their yearly upgrade sale.

Funny how much you can get done in 15 minutes when the clock is ticking! wink

Yes, you need the full Kontakt I forgot to mention that but it’s well mentioned on the site.

The full version of Kontakt is required for a lot of good low priced patches which make up for the price of Kontakt very quickly IMHO. I took up the advice of a really good member of these forums (dcuny thanks) and have not looked back since thanks David.

Tony

Edit: took out a double “you” not “W” but I’ve just come home from playing a few sets so please forgive me.
© PG Music Forums