PG Music Home
Posted By: edshaw Methods used for MP3\ file transfer? - 05/31/21 01:38 PM
For collaboration, what is the preferred method of transferring audio tracks of under 15 Mb? If I might ask. I've had problems with Dropbox and see there are several new services available. Thx. (ed)
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Methods used for MP3\ file transfer? - 05/31/21 02:04 PM
Try wetransfer. You can send up to 2 gigs and its very simple, works by email addresses and is virtually instant
Posted By: edshaw Re: Methods used for MP3\ file transfer? - 05/31/21 04:36 PM
Thanks, Bob. I'll try it.
Posted By: Matt Finley Re: Methods used for MP3\ file transfer? - 05/31/21 04:41 PM
I use that. Also YouSendIt
Posted By: edshaw Re: Methods used for MP3\ file transfer? - 05/31/21 04:49 PM
Thanks, Matt. I guess it is not secret, the demand for file transfer. That suggests today's users have become more and more savvy, sending audio, video, and graphics around the web like you read about. Searching "file transfer," there must be ten new services available, even articles about "Ten Best."
I use WeTransfer for folks who don’t use Dropbox. Never had a an issue in years with DB. My Mac just treats it like another folder. FWIW.

Bud
Posted By: edshaw Re: Methods used for MP3\ file transfer? - 06/01/21 09:23 AM
Good to know, J&B. I had to find an alternative to DB,
which I attributed to a busy Memorial Day morning, web,
but there have been other things.
Posted By: rharv Re: Methods used for MP3\ file transfer? - 06/01/21 07:00 PM
Don't most Windows machines also include One Drive?
Even on my home computer I seem to have it available. I think that's another couple gig of storage. Not sure, haven't actually used it yet for myself. I have a ton of options due to job, so haven't used it yet myself, but work with clients who do.

I also seem to have a Sharepoint storage area, but I think that one came with Office online.
It's not public facing but I can share a link so anyone I send it to can get it.

Or use Zoom and upload a file there .. I think most of the online chat services allow this. Then copy the link to it.

Like I said, there are tons of options.
If it's under 12 meg like you say, you may even be able to attach it in an email.
Posted By: edshaw Re: Methods used for MP3\ file transfer? - 06/03/21 09:01 AM
rharv: Those are good ideas, rharv; Thanks for the comment. One thing, it would seem best to have everyone using the same site. I see Scott C has turned up a dedicated collaboration site. I went there and it looks great.
© PG Music Forums