PG Music Home
Posted By: 90 dB Izotope RX8 - 07/28/21 05:35 PM
How to Rebuild a Recorded Song When You’ve Lost the Multitracks.

https://pjmedia.com/eddriscoll/2021/07/27/how-to-rebuild-a-song-n1464982

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Izotope RX8 - 07/29/21 11:12 AM
Informative article that gives a good description of the process. Deconstructing songs and remixing like this is one of my favorite things to do with BIAB.

Thanks for posting.

Charlie
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Izotope RX8 - 07/29/21 11:44 AM
I thought it looked really interesting, then I saw the price. $1199. eek

Way too rich for my blood.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: Janice & Bud Re: Izotope RX8 - 07/29/21 01:51 PM
I have a free copy and have yet to load it. Guess I should take a look. But at 75 I no longer welcome learning curves smile

Bud
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Izotope RX8 - 07/29/21 04:56 PM
<< I thought it looked really interesting, then I saw the price. $1199. >>

How does free sound to try? Spleeter is free and performs well against RX8 in head to head comparisons on the videos I've watched.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Izotope RX8 - 07/29/21 05:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle
<< I thought it looked really interesting, then I saw the price. $1199. >>

How does free sound to try? Spleeter is free and performs well against RX8 in head to head comparisons on the videos I've watched.

Charlie,

I tried Spleeter, but it's giving me files I can' open. What am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: Charlie Fogle Re: Izotope RX8 - 07/29/21 07:04 PM
I don't know. The program was pretty unstable when I first began to use it and installed each of the components separately. I found where someone had put together a complete package that included all of the necessary parts in a single install and mine system has worked really well since.

The program installs Python and is called SpleeterGUI and doesn't take long to install.

If you installed the program another way, you may want to try this one:
https://makenweb.com/SpleeterGUI

Hope that helps.
Posted By: 90 dB Re: Izotope RX8 - 07/29/21 07:14 PM
I finally figured out how to play the downloads, but they were all garbled. I 'll try your method. Thanks.

Regards,

Bob
Posted By: Gause Zdenek Re: Izotope RX8 - 07/30/21 03:38 PM
RX8 - Advaced is expensive and is more for dubbing, the RX8 Standard version is enough, because in the Standalone version it has the Music Rebalance function, which was written about in the article. A cheaper option and perhaps better is to get the Acoustica 7 Premium application, which is about 2 times cheaper than the RX8 Standard version and also uses Spleeter to split tracks. And he can separate the piano from other instruments.
The Peel application from Zplane solves the solution of separating drum kicks from snare. The DeCoda application from Zplane also has this Peel function, which is only slightly more expensive than the Peel application. After all, the RX8 also has frequency separation during spectral cleaning.

The Acoustica 7 Premiun application can be purchased from Plugin Boutique, where there is also a brief description, but it can also be purchased from the Norwegian manufacturer
Acon Digital.

Here is a link to Acoustica 7 Premium at Plugin Boutique:

https://www.pluginboutique.com//product/...iBoCxi0QAvD_BwE
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: Izotope RX8 - 08/05/21 02:28 AM
Originally Posted By: 90 dB
I thought it looked really interesting, then I saw the price. $1199. eek

Way too rich for my blood.

Regards,

Bob

No it's not. RX8 Standard is normally $399 but goes on sale all the time ($149 ended last week) and is included in many of iZotope's bundles. The best deal I know right now: Buy RX Elements for $19, then upgrade to Standard for $269.

RX8 at Sweetwater

RX8 Advanced is $1,199 and is often bundled in ways that lowers the price by a lot. At that same link you'll see a couple of ways to get it for less. Feel free to reach out to me—I might know a couple more.

The big differences:

8 is a plug or stand-alone with a number of modules that you use or don't, rearrange as you need etc.

With 8A, each module is a separate plugin and it usually more tweakable. There are additional plugs and functions that come in handy if doing sound and dialog for film. Though I've been an Advanced user since v.2, with 7 & 8, it is rare that music producers need it over Standard (not true through version 6).

Both versions will also install a standalone iZotope RX 8 Audio Editor.app (same name Standard or Advanced). This has some functionality not found in the plugs. Certain audio repair can only be done in the app.

It's a good idea to get on iZotope's mailing list so that when sales come around, you can jump on them.
Posted By: Simon - PG Music Re: Izotope RX8 - 08/05/21 06:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran
RX Elements for $19

That alone is one of the best deals going - I use Elements for a lot of basic cleanup for all kinds of recordings, both musical and non-musical in nature.

Having used the Standard version, there are definitely some nice features for the price too.
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: Izotope RX8 - 08/08/21 02:34 AM
Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music
Originally Posted By: Mike Halloran
RX Elements for $19

That alone is one of the best deals going - I use Elements for a lot of basic cleanup for all kinds of recordings, both musical and non-musical in nature.

Having used the Standard version, there are definitely some nice features for the price too.

Because of their bundles, it's hard to avoid multiple versions of some plugs. So, a heads up for anyone playing the upgrade game (which I highly recommend):

Certain iZotope plugins including RX and Ozone do not allow you to have more than one version installed. If you have Standard and Elements — or Standard, Elements and Advanced as do, the last one you install is the one you'll see. I learned that one day when I installed the Elements Bundle (4 plugs) to get one of them and the RX Advanced and Ozone Advanced individual plugins were gone from my system. The Elements installer had removed them Yikes! It also overwrites the stand-alone app.

Nowadays, it all goes through the iZotope Products Portal so you'll see everything on one screen. But mine has UNINSTALLED on RX and Ozone Standard & Elements and I could be tempted to click the button but I know better now. And so do you.

BTW, this applies only to multiple versions in the same number such as RX 8 and Ozone 9. Older versions are not updated by newer so I have old projects still calling up RX 2, Ozone 3 etc.
© PG Music Forums