PG Music Home
Have you heard the term MIDI 2.0 and wondered, "What The Heck?" Well, the MIDI Association created a 4:48 video that gives a very good overview of what MIDI 2.0 does. The video is available +++ HERE +++
Thanks Jim. Lots of possibilities. I particularly like the two-way communication that helps with configuration.

I was dismayed to see no storage of chord data when I read the early specs for this. I hope it was added, or gets added.
Matt,

As far as I know, no standing MIDI committee has received any request for a standard or idea submission regarding chord data for consideration.
My guess is that we gave up on it long ago. We had hoped Music XML would be the answer. It’s just unfortunate that doesn’t always work correctly.
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
My guess is that we gave up on it long ago. We had hoped Music XML would be the answer. It’s just unfortunate that doesn’t always work correctly.

Have you looked at MusicXML 4.0?
MusicXML 4

It's just two months old and so far, only Finale 27 has adopted it but that should improve soon (don't know about Sibelius, their users are still waiting on 3.1 released 4 years ago).

I don't know how easy it is to get more info if you're not a 27 user but Michael Good (inventor of MusicXML) is one of the Chairs of
The Music Notation Community Group.

Tell him I said 'Hi'.
Too bad, Mike. Now I have more studying to do!
Originally Posted By: Matt Finley
Too bad, Mike. Now I have more studying to do!

Sorry about that. I sometimes run into him at the opera. I'll ask Michael there's a public forum where he he discusses MusicXML. I know there's a group on Facebook.

MusicXML FaceBook group
© PG Music Forums