PG Music Home
reinstalling BIAB and RB on my new PC, amplitube 3 seems to have gone missing. i know i can download and install amplitube 5 but i was quite happy with amplitube 3 and the PG presets.

what's my best course of action? having installed BIAB from scratch can i track down the amplitube 3 dll? do i need an activation code? and where are the presets?

i remember installing amplitube 4 on the last pc but every preset wanted me to buy new gear and i reverted to amplitube 3 and the PG presets which are a great starting point.

can i do the same again or should i install amplitube 5 and try to find the PG presets? i really don't want hundreds of presets i can only use if i buy new gear.

were the BIAB presets tgs fles? my foggy brain seems to think that was part of the answer
Well I started randomly checking yearly installers and did find the Amplitube presets in the 2012 install.
Lots of drives here I haven't checked, but I did not see them in 2021 installer.
Not sure what's the last year they came with.
In the 2020 installer I see the Amplitube VST installer but not the presets ..

May not be much help, but I'd start with installing the VST off the 2020 install and see what you got.
found the dll for amplitube 3 in the IK multimedia folder under programs. will install that and see what i get. the presets seem to be in documents/ik multimedia so i'll see what happens when i install
installed and found all the presets but i need a registration code to regiseter the plug in with IK Multimedia..........will email PG Support

or can i get one here?
thanks to Simon on live chat......code sent immedately
You're welcome Bob, happy to help!

For information's sake, 2020 was the last year we included the Amplitube installers. The presets are still included, just not the plugin itself. This is because Amplitube 3 hasn't been supported by IK for a number of years, and no longer works on newer operating systems.
Originally Posted By: Simon - PG Music
You're welcome Bob, happy to help!

For information's sake, 2020 was the last year we included the Amplitube installers. The presets are still included, just not the plugin itself. This is because Amplitube 3 hasn't been supported by IK for a number of years, and no longer works on newer operating systems.

Is it possible to get AmpliTube 5 to see those presets? It doesn't scan the AmpliTube 3 folder, so I tried moving the "Band-in-a-Box" folder into the AT5 Presets folder and rescan, but they weren't found. I then tried moving the BiaB folder into the Miscellaneous folder under Legacy, rescanned, but that didn't work, either.
IK Multimedia has a sort of strict file structure that has to be in place for it to see what it needs. I think their support forum has a diagram of how it should look. You can use custom folder names etc. but some of it has to be exactly like it wants it or it won't work. I can't be of much more help, sorry. I struggled with this with a new installation recently so I know it is frustrating. wish I could be more helpful.
Originally Posted By: etcjoe
IK Multimedia has a sort of strict file structure that has to be in place for it to see what it needs. I think their support forum has a diagram of how it should look. You can use custom folder names etc. but some of it has to be exactly like it wants it or it won't work. I can't be of much more help, sorry. I struggled with this with a new installation recently so I know it is frustrating. wish I could be more helpful.

Thanks. I check out their forum.
my presets are in documents under an IK multimedia folder. there is an issue i believe that new amplitube is 64 bit as opposed to the 32 bit amplitube 3 - at least i seem to remember and amplitube needs to be configured for 'legacy presets'
Quote:

BTW, Amplutube 3 works fine on my very new Windows 10 laptop. I do have the full version, having purchased it a long time ago, but it loads when I select one of the 75 or so styles that utilize Amplitube.

I haven't tried it with one of the newer versions (I have the latest Amplitube 5) - don't know if the presets are version specific.

So, what about the styles that are Amplitube-enabled but will not work for folks who no longer have access to it? Are they being revisited.
do the styles that use amplitube enabled sounds use amplitube or are they wma files already made with the amplitube preset? i imagine the latter so the sound is produced with amplitube but not reproduced by using it on a dry signal like the DI versions of guitar parts.

i think................. smile
© PG Music Forums