PG Music Home
Posted By: mrgeeze Searching for quality midi files - 01/17/22 01:23 PM
Wondering what sites forum users use for quality midi files to use in creating backing tracks.

Covers, generally with parts not easy to recreate in BIAB.

It seems the free stuff is hardly worth the effort to try to use. Some of the pay sites seem to be simply charging for the same stuff others give away.

I don't mind paying for quality.

Thanks,
Posted By: methodman Re: Searching for quality midi files - 01/21/22 12:12 AM
Yeah that's the rub there aren/t midi examples. Well there's Classical Music Archives and they have piano and orchestra midifiles. What I do is I load up a style in Biab that I am interested in. Change to the notation and pick the drums which give me and then beat along, because if I am not able to read and respond to the beat quickly enough, there is no way I can perform that style. Part of music is listening to how the dynamics between instruments make you feel at different tempos and in diffferent ranges. Biab covers 100's of styles, but for me I have had to train myself to hear quite a lot of the different patterns. and then you can get the mp3's and convert them into chords with the auto chord wizard and that can get you started. You are asking a multi-layered question. Feel free to add to this.
Posted By: mrgeeze Re: Searching for quality midi files - 01/22/22 01:33 AM
Exactly.
Posted By: etcjoe Re: Searching for quality midi files - 01/22/22 09:38 AM
midi-hits.com has some quality stuff. Pricey, at around 7.99 to 8.99 per song. They do offer quantity discounts most of the time. Norton music has a huge collection of fakebooks done in BIAB SGU, so no melodies, but the choice is endless. You can get those to sound very close to the originals with some tweaking and midi work of your own.
© PG Music Forums