PG Music Home
Posted By: yl956 Tc helicon voice live into daw - 05/21/22 12:25 AM
Is there a way to record my vocals from tc helicon voice live into my daw ? What im trying to do is just track the harmony part from the voice live on its own track so i can add effects to it later in the mix...
If so how can i set it up..im running a baby face pro as my audio interface...daw-fl studio...windows 10..mic-at4050
Posted By: Bob Calver Re: Tc helicon voice live into daw - 05/21/22 04:49 AM
I'm not sure that's possible unless the helicon has a harmony output only facility. i think it has a left and right balanced xlr out but unless one of them can be set to harmony only you can't do it.

but why not create the harmony in BIAB or RB? i don't use BIAB for harmony but the manual will tell you how. RB is easy and you can set the harmonies to separate tracks which means you sing a melody line and then you can export the harmony track to your DAW.

what a lot of people do is use the harmony creation track as a guide and then record the harmony using their real voice.
Posted By: MountainSide Re: Tc helicon voice live into daw - 05/21/22 07:37 AM
Perhaps. I don't know about the VoiceLive pedal but this can be done with the mic stand mounted VoiceLive Touch. Your input singing can be muted and only the harmonies are sent out. This setup is buried deep in multiple screen levels but can easily be directly accessed if you are using an editor. Go here and download the free demo version and see if it works for you and your particular unit.

https://voiceliveeditor.com/

Jeff
© PG Music Forums