PG Music Home
HI,

does anyone have an idea of which type of Amp, dials and Pedals have being used to create 3230, Guitar, Electric, Background CinemaHeldLowDarin EV16 080?

Since I own a Variax Standard - I can play around with various guitar models and pick ups

Kind regards

Peter
Posted By: DrDan Re: Amp and Pedal Settings for Real Track 3230 - 07/05/22 06:57 PM
Originally Posted By: Peters Garage
HI,

does anyone have an idea of which type of Amp, dials and Pedals have being used to create 3230, Guitar, Electric, Background CinemaHeldLowDarin EV16 080?

This actually sounds pretty nice. The RT memo give a bit of info but of course not the detail you are asking.

Guitar, Electric, Background CinemaHeldLowDarin Ev16 090
This background electric guitar is playing a low held Cinema style with an even feel at a slow tempo. Playing long low held notes this background RealTrack partners with the high Cinema electric guitar to blend together in a ethereal sound which evoke an intense emotional feeling. There is a slight echo and some distortion added to the guitar tone to add to the overall tone of the guitar.

Tempo Range: 70 - 120
I read the back ground description, but wondered if anyone could come up with some tips or tricks to get as close to the sound as possible.

I did an attempt with my Line 6 Firehawk and me Variax Standard, but the sound I get is a little too full
Posted By: rharv Re: Amp and Pedal Settings for Real Track 3230 - 07/06/22 07:54 PM

I did an attempt with my Line 6 Firehawk and me Variax Standard, but the sound I get is a little too full ...

Quote:
There is a slight echo and some distortion added to the guitar tone to add to the overall tone of the guitar.
- description

If it is 'a little too full', back off on your FX .. work it a bit and experiment with EQ

'a little too full' could easily be a bit ambiguous, but that was my first hunch anyway
I took a listen to the track in solo mode. It sounds like a clean guitar with some reverb, echo, and the slightest hint of distortion. Very mild..... However, I noticed there's almost no pick attack at the start of the notes/chords so it seems they are using a volume pedal with a really quick attack so you don't hear a fade in but more of a no attack at the start of the notes.

Very dreamy and mellow style sound. It has a distinct steel guitar sound to it. I added it for grins to a new song project I'm working on and it certainly added a steel sound in the background but more like a pad or subtle string section vs an outright steel.

The description by PG is apt.
Originally Posted By: Guitarhacker
I took a listen to the track in solo mode. It sounds like a clean guitar with some reverb, echo, and the slightest hint of distortion. Very mild..... However, I noticed there's almost no pick attack at the start of the notes/chords so it seems they are using a volume pedal with a really quick attack so you don't hear a fade in but more of a no attack at the start of the notes.

Very dreamy and mellow style sound. It has a distinct steel guitar sound to it. I added it for grins to a new song project I'm working on and it certainly added a steel sound in the background but more like a pad or subtle string section vs an outright steel.

The description by PG is apt.

The delayed attack could be the use of a Slow Gear Boss pedal (used a lot by Mark Knofler in his early days) or as it's called in my Firehawk a Swell (if you overdo that effect the guitar will have an almost violin "attack".

I really like the sound, but for the composition I'm working on - it plays 50% of sour notes, since I'm using chords outside key, and the Real Track tries to stay inside or very near the key - even if I turn off Natural Arrangement.
Originally Posted By: rharv

I did an attempt with my Line 6 Firehawk and me Variax Standard, but the sound I get is a little too full ...

Quote:
There is a slight echo and some distortion added to the guitar tone to add to the overall tone of the guitar.
- description

If it is 'a little too full', back off on your FX .. work it a bit and experiment with EQ

'a little too full' could easily be a bit ambiguous, but that was my first hunch anyway

Off course!!
Why didn't I consider working with the EQ.

Thank you for that hint :-)
Posted By: rayc Re: Amp and Pedal Settings for Real Track 3230 - 07/10/22 03:33 AM
Edge of break up amp setting with the guitar vol rolled back a tiny bit after that so that digging a little harder, when desired, will offer some harmonic richness. Soft pick or fingers, Super fast attack, long decay/sustain...Slow Engine or one of the cheap imitations would work...or volume knob twiddling. Combining delay & a long tailed reverb too. ALL of which tend to get muddy so it'd be some de-mudding EQ. Extra layer of reverb when mixing.
© PG Music Forums