PG Music Home
Posted By: cubanpete Sampletank - 09/08/22 01:18 PM
Hi after a few years of not using it, I'm trying to revisit Sampletank and downloaded sapletank 4 and the instruments; I can load the instruments fine but I get no sound from it, even when using the built in keyboard. What am I doing wrong.
Thanks for the help.

Mike B.
Posted By: MarioD Re: Sampletank - 09/08/22 05:42 PM
Mike, in the stand-a-lone mode click on the gear in the lower right hand corner then on the audio/MIDI tab.

In your DAW or BiaB make sure that the DAW/BiaB can see it. Someone who uses MIDI sound sources in BiaB will have to help you as I do not use them in BiaB.

Attached picture SampleTank 4 2022-09-08 16.31.20.jpg
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Sampletank - 09/08/22 06:50 PM
Thanks Mario, I'll check it out

Mike B
Posted By: Mike Halloran Re: Sampletank - 09/09/22 01:18 AM
There are tutorial videos at IK. Find and watch them. I was mystified until I did and then it made sense. ST4 is not intuitive in the way that ST3 was but it’s far more powerful. It’s also a true, powerful sampler in ways that the free Kontakt Player is not — again, there are tutorials on how to convert many of the free and low cost libraries out there.

Unlike Kontakt, the ST4 Player/Sampler is always free — the various pricing tiers are for more included libraries.

I have IK’s Total Studio (about 450GB that load into ST4). I also have NI’s Komplete Collector’s Edition (about 1.5TB that load into Kontakt and Komplete). I reach for ST4 about twice as often as Kontakt.
Posted By: cubanpete Re: Sampletank - 09/09/22 02:45 PM
Thanks Mario and Mike, I feel somewhat stupid now. I wasn't double clicking on the loaded instrument. Mike is right, ST4 is not very intuitive.
Again, thanks for the help.

Mike B.
© PG Music Forums