PG Music Home
This was way down in my googling considering what a wealth of knowledge seems to be shared between members consistently. Im hoping that someone can help me get a TC helicon Voiceworks up and running ASAP with my set up.

The reason Im somewhat in a hurry is because I purchased the processor from music go round which has given me a wopping 72 hours to make a return or not. Would you believe that for a product with this many features, and a fairly complex and robust UI has only one functional tutorial set up and usage video on youtube.... And its it Italian lol

TC Helicon made a bunch of videos showing off presets but neglecting to share the functionality ie; processor is on my work desk and not plugged in. How do I get to playing with that preset with my own music>

Ive used other TC helicon products in the past. The harmony GXT was notably the easiest and best sounding but from what Ive heard the voiceworks, while archaic now, should still suit me just fine.
The end goal and how I want to use the voiceworks is 1. routing existing vocals through it (already recorded) and utliziing the pitch correction, harmonies, etc.

and 2. singing new tracks and using its effects and harmonies.

Im fairly adapt at recording but this is my first soiree into adding an effect processor to myj set up, much less one thats this old. That said, Im pretty confident everything should be running as designed.

I write record alternative soul. My set up is as follows:

Logic Pro 10.6.3 > macbook 2012 16GBRM/1TB SSD/2.3 i7 > Mackie profx 6v3 >tc helicon voiceworks> Baby blue bottle microphone

I have two 1/4 stereo cables going from voiceworks stereo out into mackie proxfx input 3/4 channels. baby blue bottle plugged into voicework. trying to get voiceworks working use scalic harmonies (and other effects) on a prerecorded region in logic. Ive switched the mic from voicewrks into input 2 on the mackie, and tried a 1/4 out from voiceworks into the mackie but no love.

I feel like Im missing something insanely obvious here and its driving me batshit. Any assistance getting this up and running would really help me out. I was hoping this sort of struggle wouldnt happen and almost ponied up the extra 300$ for the new boss vocal proc but as is typical with me, I didnt have the extra 300$ so here we are smile
Have you downloaded the manual?
https://www.manualsdir.com/manuals/713359/tc-helicon-voiceworks-plus-manual.html?original=1
or here
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/640024/Tc-Helicon-Voiceworks.html
Originally Posted By: HommeSinge

I feel like Im missing something insanely obvious here

Like downloading and reading the manual perhaps?
Is the MacOS that you do not mention supported?

The reason I ask is that the current version of Logic Pro X is 10.7.4 and you aren’t running it.

I don’t know the latest OS supported by a 2012 MacBook but the latest that my 2012 MacBook Pro is able to run is Catalina. 10.15.7 without a hack that I’ll never install. Logic on my MBP is also 10.6.3,
© PG Music Forums