PG Music Home
Posted By: wish BiaB into Reaper…what next. - 10/23/22 10:43 PM
Hi, I have been making backing tracks just for guitar leads…just nice old songs and get a gig every now and then at a pup dining room etc.
Up to now I have just used the wav files from BiaB through my IPad using the OnSong app.
I have Reaper as a DAW and have been able to export the tracks into that but what should I be looking at to improve the quality of the songs.
I can balance the instruments in BiaB and realise that is probably easier in Reaper, but what else should I look at.
Downside…I only have hearing in my left ear so using headphones seems a non event and will never get a job as a sound engineer
Posted By: Teunis Re: BiaB into Reaper…what next. - 10/24/22 10:15 AM
Originally Posted By: wish
Hi, I have been making backing tracks just for guitar leads…just nice old songs and get a gig every now and then at a pup dining room etc.
Up to now I have just used the wav files from BiaB through my IPad using the OnSong app.
I have Reaper as a DAW and have been able to export the tracks into that but what should I be looking at to improve the quality of the songs.
I can balance the instruments in BiaB and realise that is probably easier in Reaper, but what else should I look at.
Downside…I only have hearing in my left ear so using headphones seems a non event and will never get a job as a sound engineer

I don’t reckon one needs too much really. One could spend a great deal of time making a pristine backing track to be played over the sound of cutlery clashing, people singing along or talking away, dogs barking, some folks fighting and a bunch not really listening. I reckon make a well balanced track at a good level and you’re pretty close to what you need.

As far as hearing goes I usually mix with hearing aids in then take them out when I play. Stuff really sounds a lot bassier (totally different) when I take the hearing aids out but I’m aware of that.

Tony
Posted By: wish Re: BiaB into Reaper…what next. - 10/24/22 08:09 PM
Thanks Tony, probably stick with what I know.
Cheers
© PG Music Forums