PG Music Home
Posted By: Portugal Some suggestions - 03/27/10 10:54 AM
hello,

this is my whishlist:

- less cpu vsti usage (20%). I know processors are very powerfull now, but for laptop operation these 20% mean a lot. Possibly this could be solved by removing some of the long time included add-ons, like GS editor and others;

- development of PowerTracks own ASIO driver, very handy if you have a laptop with PT, vsti and vst plugins, which means no need to carry extra equipment (soundcard, and/or keyboard controller);

- link to external audio editor, like Audacity and others;

- odd notation time signatures implementation;

- more shorcuts;

- automation, both midi and audio;

- LAME encoder, and so mp3 conversion with less compression

- better velocity, quantizing editing, based on BAR - BEAT - CPT. This would allow us to edit with more precision and less effort, for example, the second quaver, of each beat, considering a 2/4, 3/4 or 4/4 bar signature. So, in the data filter window, we could have these, together with the included Range - Value - Duration.

thank you very much
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Some suggestions - 04/08/10 05:38 AM
The ASIO drivers are not the function of the software, but are in reality the function of the hardware. It is the sound card or interface that has the drivers. making a ASIO driver for PT would require they take into consideration every sound card on the market and have a setting for that hardware. Not feasable at all. All a software has to do is to be ASIO compliant and PT already is.

What you can use on a laptop is ASIO4All, and it will mimic ASIO using the WDM driver in the laptops sound card.
Posted By: Portugal Re: Some suggestions - 04/08/10 09:49 AM
i understand that, but if you take a look to Samplitude 10SE (sorry for mentioning it), they've included their own drivers, called Magix Low Latency 2008. Of course ASIO4ALL does the job, it is a project in constant evolution, but i was just wondering about some possible beneficts: instead of having 3 entities involved (PGmusic, ASIO4ALL and soundcard), we would have 2 (PGmusic and soundcard). Anyway it was just an idea.

thank you
Posted By: Rob Helms Re: Some suggestions - 04/08/10 05:29 PM
I have not seen the Samplitude driver idea before, but would imagine that is a add on set to tweak the built in drivers for the Mac OS. Much like ASIO4All tweaks WDM, this most likely does the same for whatever Mac includes. Still it would not be a true ASIO, since that belongs to the particular hardware and creates a mixer applet to control that hardwares features.
© PG Music Forums