PG Music Home
When I use any Windows Office products and I have any file open, choosing File, Save As... will show the current location of the file that is open as the default save location.

But with PowerTracks I can open a file, then open the Mixer and load a group of plugins/settings, the current directory becomes Program Files\PT\DX settings and File, Save As DOES not show the current location of the file that is open. WHY?

So my wishlist item is File, Save As behaving like other Windows programs - showing the file's actual location.
No votes, no 'plus 1'?
Double check what you are writing here. I don't sem to have that problem and I think that others are finding the same as myself, I may be wrong.

However, if what you state is true, then you get a +1 from me. Then you would be advised to state this in the 'wishlist' area

HTH
Unfortunately, I double check this every Sunday. I begin a new file and name it before I start recording. I'm in the file and if I then go to the mixer and add any plugin (compresser/expander for instance), the current directory becomes the plugin directory.

But a correctly behaving Windows program would revert to the directory of the file (.seq file) when File, Save as is used. PowerTracks does not. Behaving like any Windows Office application is what I consider as behaving correctly.

So I've created the new file, loaded a plugin and then recorded and finished. I've saved the original and now I want save a copy with "edit" added to the name. File Save As should get me to where the file is and my new file name should be as easy as adding "edit" to the end of the file name in the File Save As dialog.

This is the wish list area, right?
I can see how one could get confused, most of the recent posts here have not been wishlist items.
I see what I've left out. I load the PG dynamics and the PG Ten Band EQ by loading a Group of plugins. That's what changes the directory to be the plugin directory. Since the recording is always basically the same, I use the group feature (transgroup setting).
If you are always loading the same plugins into the same slots, you could create a template for yourself that loads up with these plugins already inserted. That would save you time and would also mean you will not would not encounter the file path changes you are experiencing

Give it a try - you have nothing to lose and may gain some time advantage

HTH
I do not have this problem. Suggest that you go to Options > File Section and check the last three radials above the Back Up Sections and see if this helps.

Lyn
Sam's suggestion is working well. LynB's I think will help also.
Thanks all.
© PG Music Forums