PG Music Home
last night was the last straw.. I had been recording successfully for years with my windows 98 machine. everything was in sync. I could convert midi to audio, play midi along with audio before mixing, I could match tempos and add recorded drum beats after the fact. Ever since vista my tracks are not in sync. This is a simple question i think because I have missed a lot in here. I have a cheap audigy sound card. Is there any way to record with vista and power tracks and have it in sync? Is this a vista problem with directx. the problem is that nothing will record where I play it. it is always just a hair off, enough to make the whole thing sound off. Is it like useless to try to record with the vista operating system? Are there any tweaks that would help?
Very likely your problems are due to bad drivers for the audigy card from Creative.

See their website for the latest drivers, I hear they have fixed a lot recently, after the fiasco where the young hacker from Brasil wrote his own drivers that made their cards work and play well with Vista - while Creative didn't. And then Creative tried to attack the poor hacker instead of offering him a job...

There are plenty of people recording multitracks in Vista now, you just have to get the system tweaked to work well.

"Drivers, drivers, drivers..."

--Mac
I agree. I'm using vista and having the best results ever.
Be careful with the drivers you choose for your Audigy. I have what was the top-of-the-line when I purchased it, the Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro. Installing the very latest drivers earlier this year disabled many of its advanced features under Win XP Pro. (I do not plan to try it with Vista.) The latest drivers with which everything worked were from 2006.

In order to get the best functionality and sound, you may want to consider a new sound card, while leaving the Audigy in an older machine.

For the record, I have Vista x64 on a brand-new laptop. This is introducing plenty of issues on its own, such as no DXi synth working so far except for Coyote Forte, which I will not be able to afford once the demo expires.

R.
© PG Music Forums