PG Music Home
Posted By: Leeky My wish list - 12/19/15 06:42 PM
Greetings PG Music,

Thank you for constantly updating PowerTracks Pro. I have been a devoted user since almost the beginning and I would like to see PT flourish in the future.

For myself, I would like to see two additions:

1. Allow Realtracks capability. I would like to retire my old Sound Canvas and "Coyote" is okay when I create practise tracks but I need better instrumental sounds for original works.

2. Add normalization to .wav tracks. Right now I'm exporting PT-created wave files to another piece of software just for this one function. I'd love to keep my wave files "in house" at Power Tracks. It would help with mixing too.

I'm sure the next version will be Windows 10 compatible if it isn't already. I'd love to do a general upgrade to my music computer.

Keep up the good work!
Posted By: rharv Re: My wish list - 12/20/15 10:37 PM
To Normalize a Track in PT;
Select the whole track
Go to Edit-Audio FX-Gain Change
Pay attention to the check boxes and presets .. there is a Normalize feature available
Select it
Click OK
Posted By: jford Re: My wish list - 12/21/15 04:07 PM
For RealTracks, you need to get BIAB, which includes RealBand. RealBand really is PowerTracks with BIAB functionality built-in (meaning it can process RealTracks, as well are RealTracks-based styles and MIDI-styles).

The RealBand user interface is mostly identical to PowerTracks (in fact a few years ago, they started putting out the new RealBand first when they updated BIAB, and then later updated PowerTracks with the new RealBand features (and obviously minus the BIAB features). RealTracks are based on BIAB functionality, and so that "engine" needs to be there to process RealTracks.

And if you get BIAB/RealBand, you'll get the functionality even sooner, because the PTPA development lags behind the RealBand development.

I have both, but I hardly ever use PTPA because RealBand does the same thing plus so much more.

So you can have it today, but it means buying BIAB. However, I think (my opinion) that the greater cost for BIAB/RealBand is for the new RealTracks, anyway. So, even if they would/could add RealTracks to PowerTracks, I think the price for PowerTracks would increase dramatically to be on par with the cost of BIAB.

BTW, the main developer for RealBand is the same as for PowerTracks.
Posted By: Leeky Re: My wish list - 12/23/15 08:08 PM
Thank you!
Posted By: Leeky Re: My wish list - 12/23/15 08:16 PM
This worked. Thank you very much!
© PG Music Forums