PG Music Home
Posted By: vicsant Regenerate a melody for only a few bars - 01/27/16 11:23 AM
Hi,

I would like to regenerate a solo or melody for only a few bars of a song. The rest is ok.

Can this be done?

Thanks,

vic
Posted By: rharv Re: Regenerate a melody for only a few bars - 01/27/16 08:46 PM
Not sure how you are generating melody or solo in Powertracks though. Did you mean Realband?

In RB, Yes, just highlight the desired section and generate. It will only generate that section. I think PT only generates drums, but the same applies that it will only generate the highlighted section.
Posted By: vicsant Re: Regenerate a melody for only a few bars - 01/28/16 02:16 AM
Hi rharv,

Thank you for your reply. I'm doing this with BB and a real track guitar solo.

The solo is great for the song except for two bars where a note or two is wrong. So I highlight those two bars then right click and choose regenerate real tracks, but BB regenerates the solo for the whole song.

I know I'm doing something wrong, but i can"t figure it out.

Thanks for the help once again.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Regenerate a melody for only a few bars - 01/28/16 03:33 AM
hit the F5 key to and mute the bar where you want to silence it then set it to normal on the bar where you want it to start again - it would be easier going into real band and using the multi riff function to create a solo just how you would like it bar by bar if need be.
Posted By: vicsant Re: Regenerate a melody for only a few bars - 01/28/16 11:14 PM
Quote:
hit the F5 key to and mute the bar where you want to silence it then set it to normal on the bar where you want it to start again

Is there an option in the F5 dialogue which will allow me to regenerate a solo/melody for just a specific bar or bars?
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Regenerate a melody for only a few bars - 01/29/16 01:01 AM
bar 1 hit F5 set guitar to mute
bar 13 hit F5 set guitar to back to normal
bar 25 hit F5 set guitar to mute
at the top select the chorus you want it on
or Edit - (then songform for 2016) - unfold
this will give a solo from bars 13-25

or open your song in real band highlight any bars of an empty track
click generate button - multi riff - choose instrument
too will have a lot to choose from you can also highlight any bar and choose multi riff to create a solo how you want

Posted By: Ken1171 Re: Regenerate a melody for only a few bars - 03/22/16 06:57 PM
This sounds complicated. So let me see - RB can regenerate just the selected bars, but BIAB can only do it for the entire track?

I would like to request the same RB ability for BIAB then. Select the bars you want in BIAB, and hit regenerate RealTrack. It SHOULD be as simple as it's claimed to be in RB.
Posted By: Pipeline Re: Regenerate a melody for only a few bars - 03/22/16 11:29 PM
here: http://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=340635
Posted By: rharv Re: Regenerate a melody for only a few bars - 03/25/16 08:44 PM
Originally Posted By: Ken1171
This sounds complicated. So let me see - RB can regenerate just the selected bars, but BIAB can only do it for the entire track?

I would like to request the same RB ability for BIAB then. Select the bars you want in BIAB, and hit regenerate RealTrack. It SHOULD be as simple as it's claimed to be in RB.

I think Pipeline pointed you to a Wishlist item you should go +1 so development takes note.

But for now, yes; RB does many things BiaB doesn't, which is why we all use the two programs differently.
Let your workflow decide how to proceed.
I find moving the project from BiaB to RB sooner than later works best for me.
© PG Music Forums