PG Music Home
Posted By: Anonymous Vocal Coaches React - 01/31/23 01:18 AM
The videos of vocal coaches reacting to the song Pisces by Ginger are oddly satisfying. You guys should check those out! The lead singer definitely has great vocal control.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Vocal Coaches React - 01/31/23 05:52 AM
Originally Posted By: Shatera
The videos of vocal coaches reacting to the song Pisces by Ginger are oddly satisfying. You guys should check those out! The lead singer definitely has great vocal control.

Welcome to the forums.
Are you able to provide some links to any examples?
Posted By: Byron Dickens Re: Vocal Coaches React - 01/31/23 11:42 AM
Yeah. Links would be nice. And its "Jinger."
Posted By: Keith44 Re: Vocal Coaches React - 02/01/23 02:53 AM
It's Rubbish

Keith
Posted By: rayc Re: Vocal Coaches React - 02/01/23 05:45 AM
I suspect another suspect is acting suspiciously.
Posted By: sslechta Re: Vocal Coaches React - 02/01/23 11:17 AM
Originally Posted By: rayc
I suspect another suspect is acting suspiciously.

Yup! Drop and run.....
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Vocal Coaches React - 02/02/23 01:37 AM
Originally Posted By: Byron Dickens

It's actually 'Jinjer'. No wonder I couldn't find anything.

What I did eventually find included segments that were nothing more than irritating incomprehensible noise crazy

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/YYd5awvF34Y?t=89[/video]
Posted By: sslechta Re: Vocal Coaches React - 02/02/23 12:30 PM
[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/YYd5awvF34Y?t=89[/video]<---------- Remove everything but the unique Video ID. Plus you cannot use a time stamp (t=89) to show the clip preview.

Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Vocal Coaches React - 02/02/23 03:43 PM
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Remove everything but the unique Video ID. Plus you cannot use a time stamp (t=89) to show the clip preview.

Yes, I know that, and that is why I didn't insert it as a YT video directly. If you clicked on the link that includes the time field, it takes you straight to the noise. That was the intention.
Posted By: Byron Dickens Re: Vocal Coaches React - 02/02/23 04:20 PM
Originally Posted By: AudioTrack
Originally Posted By: Byron Dickens

It's actually 'Jinjer'. No wonder I couldn't find anything.

What I did eventually find included segments that were nothing more than irritating incomprehensible noise crazy

[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/YYd5awvF34Y?t=89[/video]

Yeah. Typo on my part.

Its certainly an acquired taste. Some Jazz sounds like incomprehensible noise.
Posted By: sslechta Re: Vocal Coaches React - 02/02/23 06:20 PM
Yes, I know that, and that is why I didn't insert it as a YT video directly. If you clicked on the link that includes the time field, it takes you straight to the noise. That was the intention.

Gotcha sir....
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Vocal Coaches React - 02/03/23 08:09 AM
Quote:
Some Jazz sounds like incomprehensible noise.

Some Metal and Grunge might, but I wasn't aware that Jazz, of any form, sounded "like incomprehensible noise".

Maybe you can find me a sample?
Posted By: Gordon Scott Re: Vocal Coaches React - 02/03/23 09:32 AM
Some Metal and Grunge might, but I wasn't aware that Jazz, of any form, sounded "like incomprehensible noise".

Anything where one pushes the boundaries will tend towards "incomprehensible", depending on one's personal boundaries and and the boundaries of the artist which one is listening or watching or whatever.

And of course there are boundaries at both ends "too challenging" and "too boring".

I very much doubt that I'm alone in finding that my own boundary varies with my mood.
Posted By: Mark Hayes Re: Vocal Coaches React - 02/03/23 09:54 AM
I like this music. What I hear is pretty sophisticated prog rock, strongly calling to mind late King Crimson. For a few seconds Tatiana Shmailyuk sings in a very distorted monster voice, I wonder if she’s doing that with her actual organic throat?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinjer

Posted By: Byron Dickens Re: Vocal Coaches React - 02/03/23 02:52 PM
Quote:
Some Jazz sounds like incomprehensible noise.

Maybe you can find me a sample?

Posted By: rayc Re: Vocal Coaches React - 02/16/23 09:20 AM
It's the modern metal variant on the Nirvana/Pixies/Silverchair soft/loud dynamic.
Pretty-ish guitar as in Metallica's 'black" album followed by hammering instruments with Death Metal vocals.
Nothing new about it other than the gold jump suit.
Musically I prefer the now defunct Fall of Efrafa's take on the dynamics though I'm not a fan of the gargle.

live it's moodier...and the quiet passages less locked into the genre requirements of guitar tone.
© PG Music Forums