PG Music Home
Posted By: Don Gaynor Lana Mason - 65 pounds of dynamite. - 10/13/13 08:51 PM
http://youtu.be/fZW6PxYDvlI

Lana Mason appears regularly on SJ and I understand that she is related to our own Brent Mason.

Lana has a very powerful voice and perfect pitch (at least to my ears). She sings Broadway Show Tunes but will also do requests for her viewers.

I especially enjoyed the fact that she looks appropriately dressed for her age. That's very refreshing.
Posted By: Mac Re: Lana Mason - 65 pounds of dynamite. - 10/13/13 11:29 PM
She does show a very good sense of intonation, Don.

A showing such as this cannot really ascertain if she has Absolute Pitch or not, but in reality it is the Relative Pitch in accordance with a tuning standard that really counts.

I look forward to following this young lady's endeavors.

Strong Performance.

--Mac
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Lana Mason - 65 pounds of dynamite. - 10/14/13 12:05 AM
I tuned her SJ performance a few days back and she was sweet enough to sing a request for me. Her video personality is so sweet and personable. Next show, I want to request "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow" from Annie. I think she'd ace that tune.

She sings with such conviction and energy.

Incidentals, she was accompanied by her dad on guitar but I haven't figured out her relationship to Brent yet. Perhaps I'll just ask her outright.

Her diction is very good and I understood every word. Her home is in Nashville so, in that regard, she doesn't have far to go. Often aging can be very cruel to singers but I'm sure that she'll get top notch voice training. At any rate, she owns this old Irishman's 'art.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Lana Mason - 65 pounds of dynamite. - 10/14/13 02:02 AM
I asked Lana and Brent is her uncle.
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Lana Mason - 65 pounds of dynamite. - 10/14/13 02:45 PM
Dang...

I just noticed my next performance on SJ was in the same time slot as LanaEve's... so I changed it to an hour later.

to quote Mac:
Quote:
Adult performers have known about what happens when yer up against cute kids and animal acts for centuries.

maybe I can at least get some spillover audience after she's finished....

;-)
Posted By: Pat Marr Re: Lana Mason - 65 pounds of dynamite. - 10/14/13 02:49 PM
speaking of LanaEve...

in every picture, her head is tilted to the side like a puppy. I wonder if somebody has given her tips on being photogenic, or if her computer is tilted and she's just trying to see it straight.

;-)
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Lana Mason - 65 pounds of dynamite. - 10/14/13 03:02 PM
I think you'll at least hold your own, Pat. You are building a nice fan base and you are well loved by all.
Posted By: Danny C. Re: Lana Mason - 65 pounds of dynamite. - 10/14/13 03:44 PM
Anyone notice Dad ain't exactly last week's mashed potatoes either?

Talented family.

Edited: But then again he is on the same stage as a cute talented kid.:>

Later,
Posted By: Scott C Re: Lana Mason - 65 pounds of dynamite. - 11/06/13 05:36 PM
Beautiful haunting voice...
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Lana Mason - 65 pounds of dynamite. - 11/15/13 02:49 PM
Lana broadcast an hour or so on www.streetjelly.com last night and brought the house down (again). I asked her if she has professional voice training and she said no.

I noticed her tendency to clear her throat very violently and that can't be good.

Her dad, Randy Mason, is Brent's brother. Randy's day gig is as drummer/guitarist in the house band at Ryman Auditorium's Grand Ole Opry. As such he's backed everyone who is anyone in Country music (as well as many Pop artists). Randy and Brent have an album out together as a guitar duo. That would be something to hear. It's available on Brent's site.

Lana turned 16 a couple days ago an got her driver's license (probably a learner's permit) yesterday. Look out Nashville and possibly all of Tennessee!
She's a very talented young lady. I'd like to catch one of her SJ performances.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Lana Mason - 65 pounds of dynamite. - 11/16/13 08:13 PM
Originally Posted By: bobcflatpicker
She's a very talented young lady. I'd like to catch one of her SJ performances.

Bob, I challenge you to watch/listen to this beautiful young lady without falling madly in love with her. I doubt it's possible.

Some Village Idiot made a sexual innuendo toward her and was INSTANTLY BANNED! I mean right now! Don't pass go, do not collect $200, Goodbye!

When Lana learned that my wife, Joanne, was disabled and that "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow" from the musical "Annie" had special significance to Joanne and me, she immediately posted her fabulous rendition on YouTube. I asked her not to use own last name. The world needs more Lana Masons and I and Joanne love her dearly. Thanks again Lana!

http://youtu.be/G6h-Op6-Sq8

Watch the show schedule, she's on nearly every day after supper/dinner, Nashville (Eastern) Time.
Wow! Wonderful rendition of a very difficult song.

Thanks
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Lana Mason - 65 pounds of dynamite. - 11/17/13 08:29 PM
Bobert, Lana is scheduled to do a show Tuesday, 11/19 at 9 o'clock Central Time (10 Eastern) but you may want to confirm it as they often juggle times. Apparently, nobody is comfortable with time zones yet. I nearly missed JosieC yesterday but she lovingly repeated the few songs that I had been tardy on. Street Jelly abounds with great talent. I know that you will enjoy yourself.

Cya there Amico.
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Lana Mason - 65 pounds of dynamite. - 11/17/13 09:09 PM
Meet Lana Mason (14+ minutes)

Getting to know a fabulous young lady.

http://youtu.be/P2HM63i2lt0
Posted By: Don Gaynor Re: Lana Mason - 65 pounds of dynamite. - 11/17/13 09:20 PM
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
speaking of LanaEve...

in every picture, her head is tilted to the side like a puppy. I wonder if somebody has given her tips on being photogenic, or if her computer is tilted and she's just trying to see it straight.

;-)

I noticed that too, Pat. It makes her even more endearing, the puppy look.

I had three nurses watching her and they all would kill for Lana's hair. I encouraged her to keep it, its her persona.
© PG Music Forums