PG Music Home
Dont know about this being the BEST of YouTube but here is Yours Truly at the Guitar Clubs Christmas Party (8 December) with his 2013 party piece - Teddybears Picnic.
Written by John Walter Bratton, an American composer, in 1907.
Although it has a frivolous sounding title, this tune is actually quite a sophisticated piece of writing. It was originally called “Teddybears Two-Step” but soon got changed to the title we know today,
Don't you throw the rotten tomatoes all at once! grin
cheers
Ian
[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/maveYHLNSB4[/video]
Ian,

Very, very good. I've downloaded the file so I can listen to it on my studio monitors. I like your style.
Nice job, Ian.

Try rolling off the Bass and Mids on that amp just a wee bit.

Amp settings for a large room are likely to be completely different from settings that sound okay at home.

Neck pup on Strat, try guitar Vol at around 7 and Tone at breakpoint, which in most stock strats would be somewhere around 3.

For the Amp with the guitar set as above, starting point would be T=7, M=3, B=3.

And forget about distortion here. Input vol on amp may be a tad too sensitive. Here, I go for getting the Strat to feel like I'm playing an unamplified acoustic flattop.

--Mac
Originally Posted By: Mac
Nice job, Ian.
Try rolling off the Bass and Mids on that amp just a wee bit.
Amp settings for a large room are likely to be completely different from settings that sound okay at home.
Neck pup on Strat, try guitar Vol at around 7 and Tone at breakpoint, which in most stock strats would be somewhere around 3.
For the Amp with the guitar set as above, starting point would be T=7, M=3, B=3.
And forget about distortion here. Input vol on amp may be a tad too sensitive. Here, I go for getting the Strat to feel like I'm playing an unamplified acoustic flattop.
--Mac

Hi Mac
Glad you enjoyed it. Its a nice daft tune for Christmas that is harder to play than it sounds.
You are right - that amp scared me!! crazy
At this particular Club meet we all have to use the House Rig, which is based on an Award Session (all transistor)amp. It is set for the early Shadows sound more or less which is fine until I come along with my Kinman pupped Strat which has decidedly more output than the average single coil Fender. Even though I had the Vol knob down around 7 it is still too loud and distorting, so I just had to crack on with it as the Players are not allowed to fiddle with the settings.
However, my "gigging" rig uses a Vox (all valve) amp etc all set for the Job in hand. Its only used "on the road" ( I use an amp sim for recording)so is balanced for medium sized rooms with hard walls and floors.
Here's what is sounds like - without the distortion - lol!!
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=12601036&q=hi&newref=1
cheers
Ian
ps - and thank you for taking the time with careful and sensible explanations when I come on the Forum with sometimes obvious questions. It is always much appreciated, Mac.
Strange rule, that.

There's a way out.

"Sansamp" from Tech21 -- older analog technology, this little pedal placed between your guit and the amp can alleviate that kind of situation, if you play there often, or are going to be faced with that kind of thing in future.

The Sansamp Classic rides along with my main guit in the case.

A Sansamp Bass original, the simplest one, also rides in my FenderBass case. (This one allows for Direct Input Recording that sounds like an Ampeg SVT set up in a big room with two cabinets and both near and room mics on it. Really.)

Not only can straighten out those places where they make you plug into their amps -- I originally go the first one for guitar because of a church that had the dumb idea that everybody must jack into the house PA system, ugh, but then found out how great these little devices can be for home recording as well.

Check 'em out. The "Classic" series, which is the least expensive, they are also often spotted on ebay at good deals as well.

--Mac
Originally Posted By: Mac
Strange rule, that.

There's a way out.
"Sansamp" from Tech21 -- older analog technology, this little pedal placed between your guit and the amp can alleviate that kind of situation, if you play there often, or are going to be faced with that kind of thing in future.
The Sansamp Classic rides along with my main guit in the case.
A Sansamp Bass original, the simplest one, also rides in my FenderBass case. (This one allows for Direct Input Recording that sounds like an Ampeg SVT set up in a big room with two cabinets and both near and room mics on it. Really.)
Not only can straighten out those places where they make you plug into their amps -- I originally go the first one for guitar because of a church that had the dumb idea that everybody must jack into the house PA system, ugh, but then found out how great these little devices can be for home recording as well.
Check 'em out. The "Classic" series, which is the least expensive, they are also often spotted on ebay at good deals as well.
--Mac

Thanks for the tip. Mac.
Tried a few on eBay this week, keeping in mind my Max price, and they all went for way above. Must be Christmas.
I'll keep on looking and bidding.

Thanks for all your help this year, Mac.
I'm enjoying learning some music theory for the first time ever. Now where was I? Oh yes - 1-2-3 1-2-3,1-2-3 1-2-3, wink smile
Best wishes
Ian
Cool picking Ian.

I gave it a like. smile

Josie
© PG Music Forums