PG Music Home
Posted By: Rob Hermans Use Presonus Firestudio project for MIDI - 01/11/19 08:02 PM
I use Studio one v4.1 Pro. I also have BIAB 2019 Ultra. I would like to play along with MIDI in BIAB. Can't seem to get it setup. Does anybody have any ideas? I've been thru the options MID/AUDIO setup but can't seem to get it working.
Thanks Y'all
Rob,

You need to define "play along with MIDI in BIAB" a little better.

Are you wanting BiaB to accept midi data coming from the Presonus Firestudio project or for BiaB to output midi data to the Presonus Firestudio project?

Either way, a better bet might be to use the audio mixing and monitoring capability built-into the Presonus Firestudio project. It offers zero latency monitoring so send the pc audio to two of the Presonus Firestudio project inputs, connect the instrument audio to the Presonus Firestudio project and listen to playback through the zero latency headphone jack.

Mix audio and MIDI together and you'll encounter latency which is the time between when you play a note on the instrument and hear the audio output. Most people can not handle latency times longer than 8 - 10 milliseconds. Many musicians are even LESS tolerant than "normal" people!
© PG Music Forums