PG Music Home
Posted By: Deryk - PG Music Kamasi Washington Live Performance - 05/16/19 12:27 PM
Hey everyone - I stumbled across this a couple days ago, and thought you fine folks here on the forums would appreciate it.

Kamasi Washington is a personal favourite modern jazz artist of mine, and this video really showcases his talent. He infuses funk and hip-hop into mainstream and modal jazz - and it is stunning. Really energetic, and really captivating (I find).

Also, shout out to the sound engineer(s) on this since they did a stunning job on this.

Hopefully some of you like this as much as I do!

P.S. The music starts essentially right away, but the time stamp 6:15 - 15:26 is an interview portion, so after the first song feel free to skip that section to get straight to the music again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqzFm3erSJc
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Kamasi Washington Live Performance - 05/17/19 11:28 PM
Wow! Deryk... this is really, really good stuff.

I would never have come across this if you hadn't post the link. Those horns sound so smooth and easy and the singer is truly awesome. I cannot even begin to imagine how the audio/visual engineers captured such an amazing clip.

A great listen and watch through and through!

Thank you!
Noel
This is actually pretty cool. It's a really nifty fushion of genres. You're totally right, it is captivating.
© PG Music Forums