PG Music Home
Posted By: pghboemike Making Dance Music For Beginners Tutorial - 06/03/19 10:48 AM
I can see where this might be helpful to those even who are just curious about what can be done in music software programs, even if you're not a fan of that particular style of music. Thanks for sharing.
I love it where he says right in the beginning "If you're a traditional musician and your focus is on pitch, scales, melody, harmony, that's the last thing you want most of the time in making dance music". Of course my definition of dance music is completely different from what he's talking about.

That's the big divide in the modern music biz in a nutshell. A few years ago I got a call from a good R&B singer as in Motown, James Brown etc not modern R&B. He gigs for a living and told me he's forced to do about 75% modern songs or he loses gigs. He wanted to know if I could sequence stuff like this in addition to playing keys on his traditional (meaning old school) vocals. I had to decline. It's not that this stuff is so bad, some of it I like it's just I have no clue and don't have the time to learn it.

As for our beloved Biab and PG Music someway, somehow PG has to get on board with this stuff in a big way or who knows where they'll be in another 10-15 years. We need to somehow attract younger people to the forums too.

Bob
Very cool track that he makes! Could see how this would be helpful to someone new to the genre. Thanks for sharing!
© PG Music Forums