PG Music Home
They produced and/or wrote a string of classic rock and pop albums and singles for John Paul Young, Bobbi Marchini, Ray Burgess, Allison McCallum, William Shakespeare, Cheetah, Rose Tattoo, The Angels. They also produced the first six albums for AC/DC. They also had considerable commercial success and critical acclaim in their own right in the late '70s and into the '80s..
and Mark gave tribute to them:

"You check out guitar George, he knows-all the chords
Mind, it's strictly rhythm he doesn't want to make it cry or sing
They said an old guitar is all, he can afford
When he gets up under the lights to play his thing
And Harry doesn't mind, if he doesn't, make the scene
He's got a daytime job, he's doing alright
He can play the Honky Tonk like anything
Savin' it up, for Friday night
With the Sultans
We're the Sultans of Swing"

Dutch migrant Harry Vanda (left) formed Australia’s first major pop band, the Easybeats with friend George Young.

Brothers Malcolm Young, George Young and Angus Young, 2012.

Hi Pipeline,
Yes George & Harry wrote & produced some fantastic music. "Friday On My Mind" (I don't know of it was big outside of Oz) was probably one of the best songs ever. Google it!
The Easybeats were a huge band here in the sixties. Sadly both Stevie & George have passed on.
R.I.P.
Stevie passed in December 2015 then George in October 2017 then Malcolm in November 2017.
Very sad indeed. Great musicians, writers & performers. They are sadly missed. Stevie unfortunately got involved in illicit substances and was a shadow of his former self.I saw him in concert a few years ago and he had to be carried to a stool to perform. But wow, he sure did perform.
What a trip down memory lane! Thanks for sharing.
© PG Music Forums