PG Music Home
This guy's playing is formidable!

If you like the Baroque period of music, this might appeal.

DIRECT LINK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWr5QAwhW3Y
I wonder if this guys has anymore videos! This was really neat, I'll have to look around for more when I'm home later!
That is brilliant.
I learnt the piano accordion (the stomach Steinway smile ) as a child, but I never played the left hand like that. He's playing countermelody rather than just "vamping".
I've never been able to work out the fingering and note placement of a button accordion... I might do some research into how the keys are laid out.
Thanks for posting Noel
PS Nice & cold down your way today???
Hi Ember and Keith,

I glad you enjoyed it!

The guys playing mesmerised me. Never in my life have I heard Baroque music played on an accordion.

I haven't seen one of these types of accordion in real life but it looks like the buttons on the bass are notes -- well at least ones he plays. On a piano accordion, the first two rows are bass notes and then the other rows are chords (if I'm remembering correctly).

Keith, it's been really bitter down here today! It's rare to have such cold conditions in Melbourne.

All the best to you both,
Noel
Originally Posted By: Noel96

The guys playing mesmerized me. Never in my life have I heard Baroque music played on an accordion.

It mesmerized me too! I've always enjoyed baroque music so it was neat to see this.
© PG Music Forums