PG Music Home
Looks like I'm a little slow to get to it, here, but anyway, better late than never. I'm a long time Alan Jackson listener; but I confess, I had thought Alan got lost in Key West and forgot the way back. Not so. He's been touring, lo and behold, with none other than Real Tracks artist Brent Mason. Now I find out Brent is Nashville's guitar legend, toiling away in the studio and, in this video, 18 million views later, nailing it as an Alan Jackson side man as he nailed his Band in the Box task. (Seen to the left of the screen.) Here they are at the Ryman playing to the cream of the Nashville social register.
Yeah, Brent Mason, who, along with John Jarvis, produced the Bent Piano style for Band in a Box, one of the true master works of the Band in a Box style suite.

Alan Jackson and Brent Mason "Washed in the Blood"

Brent is the man, no doubt! Super nice guy too. I "discovered" him through BIAB, and have since been humbled to with him on some studio work for my band, Midwestern Lull. Check it out! https://youtu.be/f7fbcG-0Diw
You got me kinda choked up with "Miracle to Me," there, Mark. That's all right, though. You're good.
I've been a little disheartened over the past several years watching Nashville probe this and that, seeming to be trying to find a new niche. Going back to basics has been a saving grace, but, really, the last radio set, couple of years ago, of seven different ways of describing chasing the naked other around the house just about did me in. Your band is as they are saying, a breath of fresh air.
So, Brent Mason. Yeah. In one of the Alan Jackson "Washed in the Blood," he turns after a guitar solo and says, "Brent Mason!" Then it looks like You Tube downgraded that video to hard to find. Or, they recorded over it. All I could think of was it was a royalty matter. I'd hate to think things are that bad.
Anyway, Brent sure has done some good things with BB. I posted before my amazement at how they can get something like that to work. John Jarvis, too.
Originally Posted By: railway mark
Brent is the man, no doubt! Super nice guy too. I "discovered" him through BIAB, and have since been humbled to with him on some studio work for my band, Midwestern Lull. Check it out! https://youtu.be/f7fbcG-0Diw

That is nicely down..... professional. Do you mean that Brent was hired to play on this or you used RB/BB tracks. It's hard to know just by listening as the RB tracks are so freaking good.
© PG Music Forums