PG Music Home
Posted By: MountainSide Wow, where did these guys come from? - 10/08/20 10:24 AM
VideoTrack got me off on YouTube this morning with his Foxes and Fossils post. Then I cam across these guys. Wow! They've got quite a few YT videos posted. Really great covers of Chicago.

Wow, they all sounds really lovely together and look like they're having a lot of fun. Really neat stuff! Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Noel96 Re: Wow, where did these guys come from? - 10/09/20 03:16 AM
Jeff,

This is so cool! Awesome music. They sure know what they're doing. Top notch music from everyone!

Thanks for posting the link. I'd never have discovered these smile

All the best,
Noel
Been checking further into these guys. This all started when Leonid Vorobyev wanted to do something different when he retired. Got together with another dozen or so Russians and then this!

Posted By: Noel96 Re: Wow, where did these guys come from? - 10/09/20 07:51 AM
Jeff.

They're incredible! The sound is so tight and studio-professional! Amazing musicians.

Thanks heaps.
Noel
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Wow, where did these guys come from? - 10/09/20 08:56 AM
Quite made my day! Great music. The LP guitar player is awesome as is the rest of the band.
Now - if only PG made some Horn ensemble RTs that sounded anything like these guys.
Ian
PS - I never knew what 25 or 6 to 4 was supposed to mean. lol. Didn't matter because the 'sound' was so good.
Good question, just looked that up. Here's what I found........

This was written by Robert Lamm, who is a keyboard player and singer for Chicago. It's about trying to write a song, with the title referring to the time of day: either 3:35 a.m. (25 to 4) or 3:34 a.m. (26 to 4). Lamm explained on The Chris Isaak Hour: "I was living with a bunch of hippies up above Sunset Strip. One of the advantages of this particular house was that it was in the Hollywood Hills and I could look out over the city late at night. I wanted to try to describe the process of writing the song that I was writing. So, 'waiting for the break of day, searching for something to say, flashing lights against the sky' - there was a neon sign across the city. That song came from the fact that it was 25 or 6 to 4 a.m. in the morning when I looked at my watch - I was looking for a line to finish the chorus.
Wow, that's some amazing synergy between the players. Love that it looks like they're having a good time - and a top notch performance too. Going to be looking more into these guys - thanks for sharing!
The other videos you posted up are just as amazing! There's some serious talent present in these folks.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: Wow, where did these guys come from? - 10/10/20 05:56 AM
Outstanding. They are really amazing.

Some of the best horn work I've ever experienced.

Tight, tight, tight. Precision vocals and harmonies, and amazing musicians.

What a great find, many thanks.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Wow, where did these guys come from? - 10/11/20 12:29 PM
Mountainside (Jeff),

What an incredible find. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully these folks will keep getting enough views to keep making videos.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Wow, where did these guys come from? - 10/11/20 02:25 PM
+++ HERE +++ is the band's channel. They also have published songs by Earth, Wind & Fire, Ides Of March and Blood, Sweat and Tears.

+++ HERE +++ is a 55 minute documentary about the formation of the band and who the band members are and +++ HERE +++ is a 26 minute follow up video.
Posted By: DrDan Re: Wow, where did these guys come from? - 10/20/20 05:54 PM
From Russia with Love ! Really enjoyed that.
Posted By: sixchannel Re: Wow, where did these guys come from? - 10/20/20 06:06 PM
Originally Posted By: MountainSide
Good question, just looked that up. Here's what I found........

This was written by Robert Lamm, who is a keyboard player and singer for Chicago. It's about trying to write a song, with the title referring to the time of day: either 3:35 a.m. (25 to 4) or 3:34 a.m. (26 to 4). Lamm explained on The Chris Isaak Hour: "I was living with a bunch of hippies up above Sunset Strip. One of the advantages of this particular house was that it was in the Hollywood Hills and I could look out over the city late at night. I wanted to try to describe the process of writing the song that I was writing. So, 'waiting for the break of day, searching for something to say, flashing lights against the sky' - there was a neon sign across the city. That song came from the fact that it was 25 or 6 to 4 a.m. in the morning when I looked at my watch - I was looking for a line to finish the chorus.

Thanks Mountainside, I'd never have got that, being a Brit and all.
25 or 6 to 4am. Of course! Lol!!!
Bests
Ian
Posted By: edshaw Re: Wow, where did these guys come from? - 10/20/20 08:38 PM
The guitar player is using yellow crime scene tape for a strap.
© PG Music Forums