PG Music Home
Posted By: Jim Fogle - Meet The Raisins - - 06/12/21 01:14 PM
Below are three links to some of the best recordings you've never heard.
Quote:
The California Raisins were a fictional rhythm and blues animated musical group as well as advertising and merchandising characters composed of anthropomorphized raisins. Lead vocals were sung by musician Buddy Miles. The California Raisins were popular in the mid-to-late 1980s through claymation TV commercials and animated specials, winning an Emmy Award and one nomination.

+++ Sweet, Delicious & Marvelous +++

+++ Sing The Hit Songs +++

+++ Christmas With The California Raisins +++

The nice thing about these is the songs featured in all three playlists include performer and production credits.
Posted By: mrgeeze Re: - Meet The Raisins - - 06/13/21 09:02 AM
Blast from the past. Thank you so much.

Hearing Buddy Miles voice takes me Back to Hendrix's Band of Gypsy's and "Them Changes". Over 50 years ago that record came out.

His work with Carlos Santana was also excellent.
Posted By: AudioTrack Re: - Meet The Raisins - - 06/13/21 11:04 AM
I can't say I've had any prior knowledge of these particular Californians, however from the material I have listened to, Buddy Miles has delivered the goods.

Great.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: - Meet The Raisins - - 06/13/21 01:47 PM
1987 I was stuck in Anaheim, California from the Sunday before (American) Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve. One Sunday I attended my first, and only, (American) football game. Once I arrived I found out the stadium has a free industrial museum.

The museum had four animatronic stop motion figures used to create the California Raisins commercials. The museum also had an earthquake room simulator and a McDonald's food preparation area behind glass.
Posted By: Cathie Re: - Meet The Raisins - - 06/13/21 10:27 PM
Originally Posted By: Jim Fogle
Below are three links to some of the best recordings you've never heard.

I remember the first time I heard them singing I Heard It Through the Grapevine, I about fell over laughing! That visual was priceless. Still makes me laugh.

Such a fantastic band. Thank you for the links!!
© PG Music Forums