PG Music Home

Oh,

I see, it is not that hard to write a hit song. Easy!!! Got it!!!

Absolute musical genius.

Please take no offense David, I'm not referring to you wink
Thanks for sharing.
I'm a Peyawl loather but acknowledge that he wrote some great songs as a Beatle, with Lennon, and a couple without.
The "hit rate" of his solo stuff isn't high.
Nice to hear Linda kept away from the keyboard (& vocal mic) mostly.
No doubt about Sir Paul. Such genius if found few and far between.
Originally Posted By: rayc
I'm a Peyawl loather but acknowledge that he wrote some great songs as a Beatle, with Lennon, and a couple without.

Sorry to hear you feel that way. I loved him as a Beatle and with the Wings. He had a lot of good songs with them IMHO. I saw him in the late 80's and Linda was still playing keys. He knew of the fan dislike for Linda and introduced her as Gertrude. That brought the crowd to laughter and the whole show was awesome with songs from both groups he was in.....

Between Paul and John I always thought John was more of the rocker and Paul the love song guy with George being the "had too much weed" guy. Hehe

That's ok Thumper.

Paul told me I was and so I guess I will just have to live with that.

The fact that you say I am not hurts a lot, but well, I will try and somehow get over it, and maybe the dull pain will subside one day.

crazy

Back at ya....
Originally Posted By: sslechta
Originally Posted By: rayc

Sorry to hear you feel that way. I loved him as a Beatle and with the Wings. He had a lot of good songs with them IMHO. I saw him in the late 80's and Linda was still playing keys. He knew of the fan dislike for Linda and introduced her as Gertrude. That brought the crowd to laughter and the whole show was awesome with songs from both groups he was in.....

Between Paul and John I always thought John was more of the rocker and Paul the love song guy with George being the "had too much weed" guy. Hehe

+1! Steve catch "Rockshow" film of 1980 Wings concert - fabulous.
Originally Posted By: sslechta

No need to feel sorry. It's a matter of taste & opinion as with so many things.
To my mind Paul was inclined to be mawkish, John was often hoggish (until he became bagish), Ringo was moreish and George was sheepish.
Post Beatles Ringo had the better work out of the blocks,(with a lot of help from George), John made the stronger statements in rock, (until he became lost in booze and then became more mawkish than Paul after reuniting with "mother"), Paul became mired in self indulgence before returning to MOR popularity and George, the one less inclined to take mind altering substances, continued on his particular path and wrote the best solo career songs of the lot.

Paul's slow, inexorable rewriting of history, in the absence of the other songwriters, speaks volumes.
© PG Music Forums