PG Music Home

Check out all their services and music on their own site in high definition.

https://christchurchnashville.org/worship/services/

A friend turned me on to this.

Since there are people here who dig Praise and Worship (including me) and there is a Praise and Worship section on BIAB, here is something to lift you up. This is not a musically unrelated random post about some random sporadic topic of tangential interest. This my friends is a look at some people who know what they are doing, and know how to bring it home.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Praise and Worship team of Christ Church Nashville.

Get down on it Children. You know this is Nashville and it's Sunday morning.

Awesome.

Mmmmmmmm. Mmmmmmmmmm. MMMMMMMM.

smile

That's what I'm talking about.
They do a tremendous job there, I attended a service there one time. Really top notch. I personally don't like praise & worship (at all), I'm an old school hymns & choir guy. But if that's your thing, it doesn't get much better than what they do every week.
David,

You may want to look over the forum sections again. There is no Praise & Worship section.
Jim,

My friend. I love you man.

smile

I was talking about the Praise and Worship styles and Real tracks in BIAB dude.

smile

There is a considerable market interest in this type of music and these folks do it masterfully.

Yeah they're good aren't they??

smile
Praise & Worship, country based Gospel music and R&B based Gospel music have become huge genres within the music industry.

Yeah, these folks are good.

Yes, I think that is true.

smile
Yes! I think you are right!

smile

Does anyone have any favorite P&W styles they like to use?

If we can accept that P&W may be loosely described as a blend of music and preaching, here's a kind of roots-influenced contribution, recorded in 1989, by one of the more recent incarnations of the Soul Stirrers. There's an acknowledgement of the Holy Ghost moving in the souls of the listeners.

Soul Stirrers "Lift Him Up"
I have been in these situations playing in numerous gospel bands and at black church revivals.

It is impossible to convey what goes on--it is a whole 'nother world. The Holy Spirit gets thick and "revival" gets supernatural.

The music is so good it is beyond comprehension and even defies categorization.

It comes from things that can't be taught.

I just did a post on the songwriting forum. This involves members of a group I co-founded called Family of Soul.

https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=714450&gonew=1#UNREAD

"Family of Soul," is it? Absolutely beautiful. It's in my bones to start in categorizing and sorting into genres and styles. Can't help it. This one definitely deserving of the description, "Praise and Worship." Good going!
David, They're wonderful!
I like Praise & Worship, Hymns, Choirs, Southern Gospel, Contemporary Christian, Country Gospel and still love Elvis Gospel and most of the Gospel that made it on top 40 radio back in the day - I guess that includes a lot of it - except the Christian heavy metal never cared for that. grin

Josie
Nice!
Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Does anyone have any favorite P&W styles they like to use?

Not exactly modern P&W, but more R&B Roots Gospel, very well done by the Brooklyn All Stars. I've been trying to capture the essence with ARET_BB Soulful Shuffle Gospel SW8

Mostly I am listening to the first 24 bars, not so much the ad-libs. Sure would like to know how they capture that feel of the key change at bars 5-8.

i Found a Friend
© PG Music Forums