PG Music Home
Thanks for sharing.
I discovered Mr. Beato a couple months ago with this episode where I learned what a "skank" is.
I like this guy's analytical mind and how he can decompose great songs into their constituant parts.

https://youtu.be/ZavJLr5Otq4
So, these days, after going to NAMM, if I wanted to get that big guitar sound, so I would like bypass everything and go straight to BIAB 2022 and search for some eighth note Dublin styles, make that huge, you know panned right and left, and do it in my room while my wife was yelling at me to cut the grass, then maybe find some old school trick licks from like BIAB 2015, heavy, for the sub woofer, and maybe add some Waves Abbey Road chambers on the drums, and EQ those snares with some in the box parallel compression, and man when we were done, we were done, it was like one take...

and that was it, and Daniel Lanois was like all, Damn you! that was MY sound, and BIAB stole it, and someone said, hey can you tell me if this song is great...

and they would drop the needle on Stairway to Heaven, I would say, yeah, let me tell you, it IS great, but you need me to tell you, and let me tell you why, because Jimmy Page is using the Pentatonic minor, and let me explain to you what that it is, it is FIVE notes, but he is playing it up on the neck and that is why it it great...

then people were asking me, hey have YOU written a great song, and I would say I thought were were talking about the mixolydian mode and how did we get on to that...

..and then they say, no man have YOU ever written a great song, where is it???

And I said, man the thing about the Cars is they used a lot of compression...

and then somebody said, man I need to go back to my BIAB, this is getting old,

I have songs to write and then someone yelled...

But he's Rick Beato! Only HE can tell you you what makes a song great...

and then I showed them the left hand finger I use to finger the G string when I am doing a Pentatonic scale, but only that one, the rest were down....

No, not only HE. But he does have some interesting analysis sometimes. He found a niche and is capitalizing on it. Can't blame him.
<<" ..and then they say, no man have YOU ever written a great song, where is it??? " >>

"Carolina" recorded by Parmalee. Made it to number one.

Charlie
Posted By: George R. Making bias user friendly. - 06/20/22 11:23 AM
I think the way biab 2022 does the chord input for 16th note arrangement is great and makes it user friendly. I suggest they could use the same but seperate screen format to input individual 16th note as well and have the ability to select what instruments will play these single notes. This could make making complexes riffs and complex music easy. I would prefer this method instead of placing notes on the staff. My suggestion would make creating music faster and a lot easier. In addition it would be user friendly.
Posted By: Jim Fogle Re: Making bias user friendly. - 06/20/22 02:01 PM
Originally Posted By: George R.
I think the way biab 2022 does the chord input for 16th note arrangement is great and makes it user friendly. I suggest they could use the same but seperate screen format to input individual 16th note as well and have the ability to select what instruments will play these single notes. This could make making complexes riffs and complex music easy. I would prefer this method instead of placing notes on the staff. My suggestion would make creating music faster and a lot easier. In addition it would be user friendly.

Welcome to Band-in-a-Box and to the forum. Obviously great minds think alike because PG Music introduced ways to do as you suggest in the 2022 versions!

One way is to use Microchords, Multiple Chords per Beat or MCC. From the Help section of the program:
Quote:
You can now enter up to 4 chords per beat. Previously limit was 1 chord per beat, but now you can have chords on 8th notes, triplets, or 16ths notes. This is especially useful on slow songs. You can select which tracks will play the MicroChords, allowing some tracks to play fast moving chord progressions and others to play the main chords

Another new for 2022 feature is called "Playable RealTracks". +++ HERE +++ is a webpage that introduces Playable RealTracks for Windows. The webpage includes a two minute video that demonstrates the feature.

Posted By: rayc Re: Making bias user friendly. - 06/27/22 03:04 AM
Parmalee may have had a hit with that co-write but it's quite some way from being a great song unless some individual has a nostalgia/memory link with it.
Pierce is an excellent player but he, Shill, Beato and others spend a lot of time telling folk about how "the pros" "do it". "You & I...YouTubers...know better."
The waffle about hard panned guitars is not new, not lost but, in fact, still standard...if the rock song sounds huge then the odds are that the main guitars are double tracked & hard panned.
Posted By: TheMaartian Re: Making bias user friendly. - 06/27/22 06:19 AM
Originally Posted By: rayc
Parmalee may have had a hit with that co-write but it's quite some way from being a great song unless some individual has a nostalgia/memory link with it.
Pierce is an excellent player but he, Shill, Beato and others spend a lot of time telling folk about how "the pros" "do it". "You & I...YouTubers...know better."
The waffle about hard panned guitars is not new, not lost but, in fact, still standard...if the rock song sounds huge then the odds are that the main guitars are double tracked & hard panned.

Agreed. It's only magic when you don't know how it was done. Kinda like marriage. The Thrill Is Gone.

EDIT: I envy those of you still with your first. I'm 0 for 3, and I tried to make each one work. Never able to overcome the brain injury and the PTSD. So, it's music and dogs for me.
Ok, I have learned some interesting tidbits from Rick Beato, I will admit, though I fast forward through almost everything. Still, he has his moments and can be very engaging. I am glad he found a niche.

BUT, there was a pretty funny conversation going on Reddit one time about who was the most pompous, self-worshipping, narcissistic blowhard ever to appear on his show.

Some said it was undeniably Sting. Hands down.

But then others disagreed and said that was unfair to Sting.

They said it was Beato himself.

Now that is harsh!!!!

smile

P.S. I am a huge Sting fan so I don't know what that says about me.

smile
© PG Music Forums