PG Music Home
I have version 2012 and the Real Track R & B Horn Section does not work with my version. I need to test if R & B Horn works with Latin-styles (Cuban Mambo) but I guess R&B is not agressive enough.
Unfortunately, no RT Latin Horn section is made ​​yet by PG Music frown

Then got a little crazy idea ...

Before I upgrade to 2014 and buy this Real Track separately, I would (with your help) do a simple test-

Tempo 130, any Latin-style + R & B Horn Section, 8 bars, key Bb
enter chords;
G / C / G / D
G / C / G D / G E
x4 (to get some variations)

Could some friendly soul take 3 minutes to enter the chords above, then render an mp3 of just the R & B track and email me (or post in the forum, max 1MB, if OK with the moderator?) Then I can upload the MP3 track with my project in the sequencer and test this RT possibly works with Latin styles

Another option is that someone just test the RT with a latin style, and then make a review how it sounds, but would prefer my 1st idea!
It might be even easier if you create the SGU file the way you want it (you probably already have that!) and make that available to 2014 users. Just a thought.
Greetings -

I selected L_HAVANA as the style (it's all MIDI) and substituted RealTrack "2110: Horn Section, Background, R&B Ev16 110" for the Strings track (which originally had a MIDI brass part.

This is the only RealTrack in this rendition; everything else is MIDI played with the Cakewalk TTS-1 DXi synth.

Test Cuban Mambo with R&B Horns MP3
That was exactly the test I asked for, thanks Jeff for taking your time!!
It actuially works...but the style is maybe to tame for latin...?

Does this real track come with some variations, like more aggressive?
RealTracks play pretty much the same regardless of the chosen style. Riffs in MIDI styles are not generated the same way as RealTracks. If I choose a hard rock style and substituted the same horns RT, the horn part would pretty much sound the same as what I posted.
Good file, JOhn - found myself grooving along to it.
Why not post a WISH in the WISHLIST for LATIN HORNS?
Ian
Ha, are you kidding? I've posted in the Wishlist for all that plus some James Brown, Tower of Power, Santana, all that great stuff.

The problem is we all think of those great horn lines that are in the classic songs. If you create a horn RT for that what do you really have? You have the horn track for What Is Hip or Smooth or whatever it is and nothing else. What would you use the horn line for What Is Hip except for that one tune? It won't fit with anything else. As soon as you start looking for song specific horn lines you can do that with a plugin like Session Horns.

RT's are designed to be generic, not song specific. Considering how many of these famous horn lines are a major part of the songs themselves, a generic horn line definitely won't cut it with a TOP or Miami Sound Machine style rhythm section.

Horn parts are really unique. They're an integral part of the rhythm section. The drums, bass, guitar and keyboards all take their cues from the horns, if they don't it sounds like a train wreck. What we all want is to have a tightly integrated solid horn section with some really hot licks in them. What does that really mean? It means PG is basically writing original songs and creating RT's for them.

For PG to come up with truly good original horn lines an entire style needs to be created with one specific Real Drum track, one specific guitar RT, bass RT and keys RT. Change any one of those and the tightness of the horn section is gone.

Short of that what are we left with? Fairly blah sounding horns.

Bob
John,

That was pretty darn smooth man. In fact a good starter track to write a Latin tune.

Later
© PG Music Forums